France

I have an AKG K 240 MkII, it has a quite balanced sound with some well defined bass. (Thank you dear wife)

Whateverville, California

ATH-M50x user here. Pretty nice general sound, accurate bass response. They're not going to take your breath away if you're a true audiophile, but they're a solid set of cans. Comfortable. Strongly recommended for the price range. (Also, thank you dear wife.)

Detroit

ATH-M70x

Flattest fucking headphones I've ever used

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

It's all about the HD-25.

Michigan

KOSS UR-20

vancouver, canada

i've been living off of Panasonic HJE-350 earbuds for hmmm basically the last 14 years.  i've gone/lost through about 6 or 7 of these but having tried other brands/models, really hard to go with anything else.  really clear response, maybe a little bump on the lows / highs, but nothing hits quite like these.  and they're only $50-70.

Italy

Presonus HD7
really cheap and I just like them for the flat enough response

Brunswick, GA USA

I  recently picked up Grado open-backs in all their retro chunkiness. The cord and plug are heavy and I worry that it will tend to bend up weaker jacks, otherwise they do what I need very well.

They replace a pair of Sony things I think were bought in a Walmart and had a bad dip at 4k.

Last edited by chunter (Apr 27, 2016 11:24 am)

South Dakota, United States

I use these Superlux HD668B. Their a little low on base response because their semi open headphones, but because their semi open headphones they give a cleaner sound to the mids and highs in my opinion. Their really really good quality for the price.

Boise, ID

hey thanks for the posts everyone, you've given me some more phones to look at smile

so how are you amping your cans, if you do?

Melbourne, Australia

I just have a cheap Alesis io2 interface for computer, and a behringer mixer for anything hardware.

Brunswick, GA USA

An Edirol/Roland interface I've had since 2007 or so. It has  cheesy effects built in which I sometimes use to treble boost the guitars.

Finland

Focusrite scarlett 2i4 as interface, looking to upgrade sometime in the very incredibly/but-not-so distant future. but for now it serves me just right. smile

Rhode Island

I have the focusrite scarlett 2i2 as an interface and it works great for what i need.

South Dakota, United States

I currently use a SMSL MINI5. Its a 50Wx2 and its really nice, but it can get really hot at times.

Michigan

ath m50!