tempsoundsolutions wrote:

its not advice, and to wit, i disagree with the way you are going about trying to start a label, ahahah

Aye, cool.

Let the guy try it before bashing him. Maybe he ends up as a "tape artisan" wich is cool too.

Btw my buddy wrote you heart

how is it bashing by asking for clarification? he posted an outlay of his plan that didnt address a lot of important things and also had a bit of contradiction to what he presented here. i didnt say anything rude. i only said it seemed like a pretty disjointed plan, and when you say different things in regard to something like this, its probably best to be transparent and forthcoming with answers if you want both sides to be happy. no need for hurt feelings either, the guy was asking for uk based people and while thats not me, that doesnt mean i wouldnt have maybe pointed people in his direction.

tempsoundsolutions wrote:

how is it bashing by asking for clarification? he posted an outlay of his plan that didnt address a lot of important things and also had a bit of contradiction to what he presented here. i didnt say anything rude. i only said it seemed like a pretty disjointed plan, and when you say different things in regard to something like this, its probably best to be transparent and forthcoming with answers if you want both sides to be happy. no need for hurt feelings either, the guy was asking for uk based people and while thats not me, that doesnt mean i wouldnt have maybe pointed people in his direction.

Who are you again?

someone who started off doing tapes with distribution almost 25 years ago. vinyl too, but its been more than 10 years since then. and tons and tons of releases both on tape and cdr as well as netlabels, and arranged as well as taken part in more compilations than i can count. but what do i know, right?

Dude your condescending tone is the problem. I run shit in the shadows and you dont see me hitting the guy with a stick for not being an uberpro pay-the-artists release-thousands-of-tapes type of label YET. Cut him some slack.

Btw Temps, you still on the vinyl biz? We need more allies