(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

Hey all!

So as some of you may know, my gameboys have suffered a slew of issues dating back as far as a few years ago. This specific gameboy is one that I really would not like to die.

Cloudboy 2.0 (thanks to Stardriver and Ohhainaifu for the amazing work) has (what I think may be) a faulty or badly wired LCD. The backlight is completely fine but the LCD sometimes flickers between everything looking normal to nothing displaying or creating black lines everywhere (but only for half a second). I tested to see if it was an issue with the gameboy not being able to handle my workload but the rest of my gameboys can run it just fine.

I'm worried that something may be off about the soldering or wiring, and I'd rather go in with a soldering iron to fix something than have to replace the guts entirely to get a working LCD.

Any ideas what's going on?

Bump. Would really like to get some feedback on what's going on.

NUMBSKULL

You could try reconnecting the ribbon cable. Does the contrast wheel do anything? Beyond that your best bet is to get a new Gameboy.

catskull wrote:

You could try reconnecting the ribbon cable. Does the contrast wheel do anything? Beyond that your best bet is to get a new Gameboy.

Contrast wheel doesn't really help. I'll try the ribbon cable again...