The City Of Angels

http://trebledeathsystem.com/releases/492

NOTE: Not for the "hardcore" 'chip'-hopper at heart! hahaha! AKA it's not about an obsession or fetish or fixation of a "chip" producing machine or software etc. It's about using them as any other instrument, along with any other instruments. Simple. As always: not for everyone on here, blah blah blah. But I figured a few would want regardless. It just won't be hardcore enough or "pure" enough for certain people on here etc.

01 MuChong의Yanan도당?
02 제국주의는 고립주의를 침식한다
03 마르크시즘은 아니고 주체는 군주주의 이다
04 항 그렇는가 박, 소련 한국사람?
05 Pakhon-Yong의 국내 도당?
06 개인숭배는 타락 이다
07 지점 식민 한국 세계 질서
08 Pulgasari의 모든 비평가를 깨끗이 하십시요
09 공동 책임은 지도자를 제한다
10 세계적인 공산주의의 부끄러운 낙태

Creating seemingly arbitrary constraints and rules out the ass to give an imaginary 8-bit-sounding commie dance club feel - a North Korean club culture, if such a place were to exist. Enter Basement Wigger, aka Dac Chartland, the Montreal (via Burlington) experimental drum & bass producer whose latest album, A Celebration of the Concept of the People's Republic of North Korea, is a set to knock the world-music lovers on their asses. Cut-up North Korean music and vocal samples, along with old school electronics (Commodore 64s and Atari 2600s), become ammo for his frantic break beat cannons.

I should also note this is a re-release of a release back in 2005, and recordings/compositions were done years prior  etc

So waaaay before some of you even thought of using chip sounds. :P So fuck off elitist scum.

Bai :D

Last edited by Mono (Jul 8, 2010 8:15 am)

Unsubscribe

Haha you really know how to target an audience .. nabbing

New York City

The previews don't load here. I wanna hear this real bad. Please fix it sad
Bah I fucking went to the page and am listening to it all. Sounds good so far, even though drum & bass shouldn't exist anymore wink

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jul 8, 2010 2:16 pm)

Plano, TX

My fascination with North Korea forces me to download this.

Mission accomplished?

Nomad's Land

there is no such thing as experimental drum & bass.

UK
irrlichtproject wrote:

New York City
firebrandboy wrote:
irrlichtproject wrote:

there is no such thing as good drum & bass anymore

fixed

Milwaukee, WI

Nice work mono. I'll be grabbing this later. This better be good fucker.

Milwaukee, WI

The lame vocals ruin the first track. Fingers crossed for the rest of it though.

Spokompton
track previews wrote:

Buffering...

Spokompton

Smeg it, I just listened on the TDS page. This is pretty fun. I've wanted to do something similar to this in concept, but a lot different in execution, for a long time.

The City Of Angels

Whoopies, I think .htaccess backfired on me with linking mp3s on external sites.

*fixes temporarily*

Completely forgot about that. Should stream now.

Anyway, I actually like vocals on it, hah. I think it works. I don't think the guy himself took the track seriously regardless, perhaps it shows/gives off that vibe to you, RG, and in turn you don't likey?

I enjoy it anyway.

irrlichtproject wrote:

DUDE, WHERE ARE MY ICONS?!!?

hahaha

Yes, this is the part where you disappear again. ;D

Last edited by Mono (Jul 9, 2010 8:07 am)

brighton, uk

This is really good smile