Italy

Good day everyone big_smile
As title says, I just got a GBA SP to start my chiptune adventure.
But I have no idea on what to do now. I read a lot of threads about flash cartridge and I think EZflash IV will be my choiche. Is it ok?
Most important, I have no idea on which software to use. I tried a bit LSDJ on emulator, but nothing else beside it. I found out there is quite a lot of trackers for GBA, so I need help choosing one (and understanding the differences between them).
Last, but not least, how do you guys started playing chipmusic? I mean, did you just red the software manual and started trying randomly? Or were you helped by a tutorial/video/friends etc?
Thanks to all big_smile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

Do what you want man. There's no OFFICIAL OMFG TRADEMARK SEGA GAMEBOY tracker.

Choose whatever sounds and format you like the best. You can run a lot of stuff on EZ Flash (to my knowledge)

I learned how to start chiptune by just making shit and looking at other people's saves, but tutorials work good as well. Just keep making music and you will get better each time.

Last edited by nanode (May 23, 2016 4:52 pm)

if you want to run a gameboy tracker on a GBA you're better off getting one of the other flash carts. Running lsdj on an EZ flash is difficult as you have to run an emulator on the cartridge but an EMS 64 /bennvenn/drag n derp/ etc cartridge would be a lot easier. (but would stick out the top of the gba as its a larger cartridge)

OR get gba nanoloop.
theres a few other gameboy trackers out there but thats kind of the main two options smile

NUMBSKULL

If I were you, I'd just pick up a copy of Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen and call it a day.

Italy
catskull wrote:

If I were you, I'd just pick up a copy of Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen and call it a day.

Got myself a copy of Golden Sun, finally can play it, already made my day big_smile

Thanks all for answers smile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j
catskull wrote:

best advice I've heard to date.

Last edited by nanode (May 23, 2016 9:01 pm)