Tlalnepantla. México

Hello it's me again with another problem, today my DMG started to have weird distortion on screen,and the speaker sound cracked a little bit, so I took it apart and thought it was the internal pro sound mod that was touching something, so I move it around and closed the shell, this time I didn't got nothing on screen, then I took it apart again and connected the screen without the shell.

But when I move the ribbon cable a little bit i begin to have video for a little bit and then it's blank again.

I still have sound on the earphone jack, so buying a new screen should be fine or the whole thing is dead?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

Sounds like either the LCD is going or the mainboard is fucked.

Either way, there's no replacement for either one other than buying an entirely new gameboy off ebay.

Sorry ;-;

Tlalnepantla. México

I hope for the LCD being the only bad thing, I might just look for a used DMG on a second hand market or similar thing and swap the internals.

BusterGR_18 wrote:

I hope for the LCD being the only bad thing, I might just look for a used DMG on a second hand market or similar thing and swap the internals.

That's what you have to do.

Unless you like being totally masochistic and try and desolder the LCD off your board.

Australia

You could always drop a GBASP LCD in there...

BennVenn wrote:

You could always drop a GBASP LCD in there...

That is true, but judging by the issue depicted a replacement of the front board seems to be a safer, easier, and cheaper bet.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:03 am)