Dresden. Germany

Hey folks,
I've been playing around with my GBA for a bit, and after successfully installing an RCA-prosoundmod and also successfully syncing the GBA running Nanoloop 2 with my DMG running NL1, I tried making the GBA more "club"-suited by trying to backlight it.
I salvaged a working AGS-101-Screen from a GBA-SP from the streetmarket, got the right ribbon-cable-adapter (32 pin) and build it in.
Now this is where I come to my actual problem:
When switching on, the screen didn't show anything, didn't light up. I read up on the web that you gotta solder a powersupply on the little slot on the adapter. I tried that, but that only caused the GBA to crash everytime I turned it on. I then read somewhere that you have to do a jumper-trick where you solder the RECV-point to the GRND:
I did that and disconnected the "powersupply"-cable. Now the screen does light up and is usable, but is not very bright. Ideas/suggestions on how to get it brighter?
Cheers!
TRIAC

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

There should be a small wheelwell right next to the cart reader directly under the 40 pin connector.

Turn it and adjust it until the screen is bright enough and has the right contrast.

Australia

Brightness is not adjusted by the 'contrast' wheel. Brightness is determined by the current going into your backlight. You'll need to cut a trace on the pcb before you wire in your backlight driver too.

There is a seller on aliexpress that sell both the LCD and driver and have a good guide how to make it work.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j
BennVenn wrote:

Brightness is not adjusted by the 'contrast' wheel. Brightness is determined by the current going into your backlight. You'll need to cut a trace on the pcb before you wire in your backlight driver too.

There is a seller on aliexpress that sell both the LCD and driver and have a good guide how to make it work.

Where is this seller located? How cheap?

Australia

HK, I think its $50 for the 101 lcd plus the board