sweden
pselodux wrote:

Behringer EM600 has some great features such as analog/tape emulation and a sweet reverse delay mode

Was just gonna recommend this pedal. I was very surprised how good this pedal sounded. Behringer is usually hit or miss, and this is one of the best hits along with the RV600. Cheap, versatile and stereo ins and outs.

England

im happy with my akai headrush. fake tape echo, with 4 outputs for each fake head. the loop function is pretty fun for improv.

a friend of mine has the roland space echo and really doesnt like how dirty it is.

Last edited by Jellica (Jun 10, 2016 5:34 pm)

Geneva, NY
e.s.c. wrote:
BLEO wrote:

A dear friend and forum member, XC3N, has that Space Echo and loves it.

Me, I have a Donner Yellow Fall analog delay and I love it. $34. Legit analog (I've opened it up and seen the chip). Haven't sent electronics thru it, but it sounds great on my guitar pedalboard and self-oscillates nicely. Also, it's super tiny and built tough.

great, now i looked at their site and feel the urge to hoard pedals rising... maybe it'll be a good thing that i never sold off my 2nd pedal board

I bought the Zoom MS-50G and it killed my pedal GAS dead. It's my "flair" pedal. My pedalboard real estate is scarce and I don't need a phaser or reverse delay or bit crusher enough to justify giving any of those a slot, but all of them together in the spot where my tuner used to be? Yup.

TX

i have a memory boy, which is analog and will also do a vibrato/chorus on the repeats which can be lovelyyyy. the delay itself is rather dark, though. i also have an aqua puss which is a much brighter and very beautiful analog delay, but can only do pretty short delay times. i love both pedals.

Indiana
BLEO wrote:

Me, I have a Donner Yellow Fall analog delay and I love it. $34. Legit analog (I've opened it up and seen the chip).

Their page mentions it uses a PT2399 (http://www.donnerdeal.com/donneryellow- … pedal.html), which would suggest its not ACTUALLY analog like a BBD, but just sounds like it.

Tacoma WA
Fudgers wrote:
BLEO wrote:

Me, I have a Donner Yellow Fall analog delay and I love it. $34. Legit analog (I've opened it up and seen the chip).

Their page mentions it uses a PT2399 (http://www.donnerdeal.com/donneryellow- … pedal.html), which would suggest its not ACTUALLY analog like a BBD, but just sounds like it.

that's kind of my favorite delay..  PT delay is so dreamy..

Glasgow, Scotland.
nordloef wrote:
pselodux wrote:

Behringer EM600 has some great features such as analog/tape emulation and a sweet reverse delay mode

Was just gonna recommend this pedal. I was very surprised how good this pedal sounded. Behringer is usually hit or miss, and this is one of the best hits along with the RV600. Cheap, versatile and stereo ins and outs.

That's a beautiful looking beast.

London

I have a Mad Professor Deep Blue delay pedal, as I wanted something as similar to the old Echoplex's (analogue tape) as possible. Highly recommended for sound, but doesn't have as many features as other delays.

brooklyn, NY

Im a big fan of the EHX  deluxe memory boy.    Tap tempo is vital (for me)   and allows for some easy mods using an arduino to read midi clock and send out 'tap' pulses so all is perfectly synced.

Sestri Levante, Genova, Italy

I've got a Stereo Memory Man + Hazarai, it's digital, has a ton of possibilities in terms of sound mangling and sounds good too.

Last edited by GenSek (Jun 12, 2016 7:16 pm)

Melbourne
nordloef wrote:
pselodux wrote:

Yeah, the RV600 is amazing. Not quite as lush as my Midiverb (or Virtualizer Pro reverb, even) but it's really nice in my chiptune setup.

The DD400 is one to look out for as well if you want a super straightforward digital delay; what makes it unique is that it doesn't try to simulate analog delay by pitching the signal when you adjust the delay time—instead it just increases the buffer size. Makes for some very sharp, Gantz Graf-ish glitching effects.

BLEO wrote:

I bought the Zoom MS-50G and it killed my pedal GAS dead.

The Boss GP-10 did that for me, at least for guitar pedals. Basically turns any guitar into a higher quality Variax. The depth of routing, modelling/effects, even synthesis is insane.
And because it uses the GK pickup, I'm seriously considering removing all of the pickups on my Steinberger and turning it into some (even more-) futuristic laser axe.

Dallas, Texas

My fav is prolly the SDD-3000 by KORG. It has a great preamp and some unique repitched delay options.