Amsterdam

Hi people,

Rutger here. In the past 6 years or so I made and performed quite a lot of lo-fi techno/acid in the duo AuxPulse and solo as DS-10 Dominator.

In the meantime I was also slowly working on my Diskette Deluxe project, because I wanted to pay tribute to the first music I ever loved: the music of Commodore Amiga games and cracktros. In 2013 this resulted in the EP "My Amiga", which I self-released. After that period I started to work on crossovers of chiptune and synth pop / new wave / synth funk. Four of these new tracks + the old E.P. are now bundled on the Cheapbeats label as "Space Tourism". With awesome artwork by Irini Pigaditi

¥ € $ ¥ € $ ¥ € $ ¥ € $ ¥ € $ ¥ € $ ¥ € $  ¥ € $ ¥ € $ ¥ € $ ¥ € $ ¥ € $ ¥ € $ ¥ € $ 

Stream it / buy the CD: http://cheapbeatsmusic.bandcamp.com/album/space-tourism

¥ € $ ¥ € $ ¥ € $ ¥ € $ ¥ € $ ¥ € $ ¥ € $  ¥ € $ ¥ € $ ¥ € $ ¥ € $ ¥ € $ ¥ € $ ¥ € $

1. Dream Tears 05:15
Up-beat 80s new wave music (like Nena, A-Ha), meets arcade arpeggios.
2. Love Poison 04:27
Chiptune / Synth funk with a fakebit mixture of textures. Some Sade influences.
3. Default Bass 05:10
A slightly moody chip-funk track using that Amiga Pro tracker slap bass sample, which was used in for example Martin Iveson - Jaguar XJ220.
4. Midnight Myst 04:34
Using the Megadrive samples of little-scale, a track influenced by Yuzo Koshiro - Streets of Rage 2.

5. Euphoria Melancholia 03:52
Moody Amiga Module interpretation. Expresses the melancholy I sometimes miss in chiptune nowadays.
6. Fusion Sucks, But That's Okay 02:08
Short attempt at jazz fusion. I don't hate it, I'm just jealous at all the fusion artists on Ubiktune etc.
7. My House is a Cocoon (feat. Nil İpek Hülagü) 04:13
Bitpop track influenced by The Cure. With a slight reggae swing. wrote the lyrics and vocal line together with my Turkish friend Nilipek. (who is quite a popstar now in Turkey) . Love how this came out.
8. Defender of a Lost Galaxy 04:58
Space disco. I was thinking of Turrican.

I really hope you enjoy. Commentary would be nice to hear.
Rutger!

Last edited by Diskette Deluxe (Jul 20, 2016 1:53 pm)