Hiya, I've just joined the forum and it looks like there will be a lot of useful info here which is cool.
I just got myself a Nanoloop 2.7 cart and a cheap SP AGS101 (it needed a new screen). Been checking out some good tutorials on Youtube.
Thing is that the SP is really, really quiet through headphones.  I got one of those tiny headphone adapter cables off AliExpress when I got the new screen.
Full volume is still really quiet unless I'm somewhere completely silent. I've tried a game as well cart (Metroid Fusion) and that was also quiet. If I try using Nanoloop when I'm outside, then things like cars on the road drowns it out. I'm using in-ear-bud type cheap Sennheisers.
The little internal speaker on the SP seems like the sort of volume I'd expect.
Are some of those adapter cables better than others? The one I got seems well made and the sound doesn’t drop in and out when I wobble it, it's just really quiet.
Is this really low volume normal?
Do people here use those little pocket headphone amps?
Cheers, Teamoth

france

Some headphone are louder than other.
I have multiple gba sp with this connector, and the sound is ok, not too loud, but ok.
The only issue I had so far is a bad gba sp to headphone cable, and the left right gnd was mixed, depending on the cable angle. The sound was sometime really low, but I don't think it is your case.

Hey yoyz2k, thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. I've got a few old pairs of headphones at home so I'll see if I can find some of them later and do some more testing.

Problem solved. It's just an issue with my Sennheiser earphones. If I pull the earphone jack out of the adapter socket just a tiny amount they work fine and I get decent volume. Should of tried this before...
Now I can make tunes while walking to work!

Hi there! Well, it depends on different types of quality of earphones. Some are loud, some are not so loud, so buy earphone according to the sound quality you wanted. So, in future if someone wants to buy earphones, then testing before buying them is necessary to have good sound quality according to the choice one needed. To enjoy loud music earphones like Sennheiser, Soundmagic and many more are having good quality sound.