Melbourne

Hey everyone, I think the battery in one of my micros is on its way out; I'm looking to replace it soon. I've found quite a few on ebay but I'm not sure which ones (if any) would be safe to use without any malfunctioning/explosion/whatever. Anyone had experience with replacement and can recommend a particular brand?

This one looks promising:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Battery-for- … Sw-dBTv1EL

.. but you can never be sure.

Perhaps I'll give it a try anyway, considering I do have 3 micros, but would rather not have one be destroyed, especially while in use or while one of my precious nl2 carts is in it!

NUMBSKULL

I would be surprised if any of them explode. They'll probably just not last very long. I don't have experience with micro batteries specifically, but other nintendo handhelds and PSP's are ripe with false capacity claims.

Melbourne

Yeah. I'm kinda tempted to do a search for a more high-end battery with the same voltage and a similar form factor and see if I can repurpose it for the micro..

Alive and well in fucksville

Have you tried freezing your battery (remove it from the unit) for a few days? if not do so. It breaks some of the crystal matrix.

Last edited by bitjacker (Sep 11, 2016 1:35 am)

Melbourne

hmm, that is an interesting idea.. I'll give it a try, but I wouldn't mind acquiring new batteries for all of my micros.. I have a feeling the freezer trick is a temporary one!

Alive and well in fucksville

that is correct.