Hello!

I've been using an unmodded GBC with LSDJ as part of my live set for a little while but would really like a version with prosound since there's only so much I can get sound engineers to boost the bass on the mixing desk. wink I am HORRIBLE with hardware electronics and soldering, I have honestly tried to teach myself and the result is always misery, so I would like to throw money at someone to mod a GBC for me so that I don't end up ruining the console. Not fussed about frontlighting or anything.

I live in the UK and can find tons of DMGs with prosound online, but absolutely no GBCs. I would prefer to stick with a GBC if possible just because I prefer the smaller size. There seem to be several in the US but I just wanted to see if anybody knows of a UK or EU source first to save on postage/customs etc.

It looks like this community is full of people doing their own mods, so sorry for the consumerist approach, but if you knew how bad I am at soldering you would understand.

Thank you!

Sweden

Hi! I recommend the prosound and noise filtering mods (add a 470 uF cap to the voltage rail).
These mods are simply great, they boosted the gain and completely removed the hum and whiny noise at 9.25 kHz on my GBC.

There is also a bass mod where you insert caps at the end of the audio signal chain to increase the bass.
However I think it's better to boost the bass using an EQ/mixer (possibly higher quality components, and you can set the level/frequency yourself).

Since you're in the UK, get in touch with Joe Teach (aka Joe Bleeps?). I've heard he's good.

Thanks so much - this was exactly the kind of advice I was hoping for. smile I'll get in touch with Joe.