London, UK

Hi there,

Installed my first backlight yesterday, and was playing through Gargoyle's Quest (big game from my childhood!) when the DMG random crashed to a blank screen with a single horizontal pixel line.

Product I installed was from Deadpan Robot: http://www.deadpanrobot.co.uk/en-gb/col … oy-mods-uk

Now I'm aware that some people in the past have had trouble with installing resistors (or not), but these have resistors built in.

Could it be another issue that's causing this? I also had a problem with Pokemon Cock version pre-backlight, but since that's a hack and a chinese knock-off I put it down to that.

Ideas?

Austin, TX

Sounds like a short, but I'm not sure.  I get that sometimes when I'm testing a new back light and i accidentally touch the wrong spot on the board, or touch the two boards together in the wrong way.

London, UK

Thanks, didn't see reply till now.

Hasn't been happening after the first couple of days or so, so I can't really say what's happened, or what changed!

But I'll keep that in mind. Maybe I need to tape up my contacts a bit next time to avoid shorts.

Cheers