hello!

anyone having a GBA SP and did an update from a prior version (in my case 2.5 on an NL2.3 cart) to its latest version 2.8.2?

I would need some help/guidance, please - how did you do that as the GBA SP has no link port and you can't update with the USB-midi adaptor. (edit: sorry, I checked the SP has an ext port and most probably there should be also a link cable - anyways I neither have such link cable nor the USB-midi adaptor)

Did anyone try it with cart swapping?

I did but only with partial success - meaning the software and its new functions are on the cart but no sound anymore.

Tried several times to update as well as the a+b+l+r combo to update/rewrite the waveforms - still not working / no sound :-(

had to rename the .mb update file to .gba so I was able to load it via a flash card onto my GBA SP.

I would appreciate your help very very much!

thanks!

Last edited by waxdoctor (Mar 22, 2019 3:45 pm)

The Forest, WA
waxdoctor wrote:

hello!

anyone having a GBA SP and did an update from a prior version (in my case 2.5 on an NL2.3 cart) to its latest version 2.8.2?

I would need some help/guidance, please - how did you do that as the GBA SP has no link port and you can't update with the USB-midi adaptor. (edit: sorry, I checked the SP has an ext port and most probably there should be also a link cable - anyways I neither have such link cable nor the USB-midi adaptor)

Did anyone try it with cart swapping?

I did but only with partial success - meaning the software and its new functions are on the cart but no sound anymore.

Tried several times to update as well as the a+b+l+r combo to update/rewrite the waveforms - still not working / no sound :-(

had to rename the .mb update file to .gba so I was able to load it via a flash card onto my GBA SP.

I would appreciate your help very very much!

thanks!

Woah dude what are you doing to your poor cartdrige lol!

So you wanna update your cart, your going to have to get the USB/midi dongle which are sold out. (Have to have one to update properly) , just follow the instructions exactly on nanoloop.de for updating carts please. Since you couldn’t change the waveforms you for sure mest up the update. P.s keep update filenames intact lol

GLOOMS wrote:

So you wanna update your cart, your going to have to get the USB/midi dongle which are sold out. (Have to have one to update properly) , just follow the instructions exactly on nanoloop.de for updating carts please. Since you couldn’t change the waveforms you for sure mest up the update. P.s keep update filenames intact lol

cart swapping isn't such an uncommon way - also used for backups and file transfers... I think smile

but yes, maybe I should wait till they are back on stock and also seek for a GBA SP to DMG link cable etc...

I even would purchase a new 2.8 cart - as I do like the looks very much - but well, also not on stock wink

thanks in any way!

Last edited by waxdoctor (Mar 22, 2019 4:57 pm)

The Forest, WA
waxdoctor wrote:
GLOOMS wrote:

cart swapping isn't such an uncommon way - also used for backups and file transfers... I think smile

but yes, maybe I should wait till they are back on stock and also seek for a GBA SP to DMG link cable etc...

I even would purchase a new 2.8 cart - as I do like the looks very much - but well, also not on stock wink

thanks in any way!

Yeah maybe grab a GBA and just use that for updating.... and yeah cart swapping is common but I don’t recommend it, personally I’d rather just backup data and put it on other cart via link cable or only takes 10 mins! I’ve had corrupted carts before so I’m not into cart swapping.

GLOOMS wrote:

Yeah maybe grab a GBA and just use that for updating.... and yeah cart swapping is common but I don’t recommend it, personally I’d rather just backup data and put it on other cart via link cable or only takes 10 mins! I’ve had corrupted carts before so I’m not into cart swapping.

Yes, you're absolutely right!.. anyways I was able to fix it and have now my nl23 cart with 2.8.2 running and bleeping!

Tried a lot of stuff and in the end it worked smile Nevertheless I can't wait to get my hands on the new nl carts one and two and an USB-midi adaptor when back on stock!

Have a great time and thanks for your help GLOOMS!

The Forest, WA
waxdoctor wrote:
GLOOMS wrote:

Yes, you're absolutely right!.. anyways I was able to fix it and have now my nl23 cart with 2.8.2 running and bleeping!

Tried a lot of stuff and in the end it worked smile Nevertheless I can't wait to get my hands on the new nl carts one and two and an USB-midi adaptor when back on stock!

Have a great time and thanks for your help GLOOMS!

np waxdoctor ! Happy looping !

is there a known bug on N channel? or is my update still not clean? when I start nanoloop and create a new pattern on N channel the steps appear like in normal mode - then after I've saved and reloaded it, it shows the steps in chord mode.  also after this at every new pattern I create on N it shows chord mode only and no way to change it back with START to normal mode ... (NL2.8.2.)

Last edited by waxdoctor (Mar 25, 2019 3:44 pm)

me again  wink

could it be that with 2.8.2 in menu 2 / submenu >>  / pressing "A (when paused) play step manually" - is not working anymore? Did anyone else notice that too? Thanks!

Last edited by waxdoctor (Mar 25, 2019 3:47 pm)

Melbourne

Yeah I couldn't get that working either. It's a shame really, because that used to be one of my techniques for a weird breakdown; or to just stop the sequencer and get it to restart at a certain point.

The noise channel has been weird for a few versions now. It seems impossible to switch it between "normal" and "arp" modes, unless you copy/paste a step from another channel.

The Forest, WA
pselodux wrote:

Yeah I couldn't get that working either. It's a shame really, because that used to be one of my techniques for a weird breakdown; or to just stop the sequencer and get it to restart at a certain point.

The noise channel has been weird for a few versions now. It seems impossible to switch it between "normal" and "arp" modes, unless you copy/paste a step from another channel.

I can confirm this you just have to make a chord in S channel and copy and paste it to noise , switching between noise waveform should work tho !

pselodux wrote:

yes i liked the "A (when paused) play step manually" function also a lot.

ad N channel - yep no chance to get it work here too...

thank you for trying/confirming

GLOOMS wrote:
pselodux wrote:

I can confirm this you just have to make a chord in S channel and copy and paste it to noise , switching between noise waveform should work tho !

even if you make for example a "normal mode" pattern in S and copy it to N and save it you get chords/arps if you load it again - try it... smile

if you start a pattern in N and you use A to set steps you get normal/single note mode steps and if you set steps with B you get chords/arps steps which all turn into chord/arps after saving and loading the pattern again. I think that N channel is supposed to hold&transport just arps if I understand the manual well:
---
Noise vs Pitch

"The nosie channel has no pitch or octave setting but is always in arpeggio mode. "
---

kinda glitch - I don't know... wink

anyway, nanoloop is GREAT - thank you oliver!

Last edited by waxdoctor (Mar 26, 2019 9:06 pm)