According to LSDJ Wiki and Thursday Customs , I just need to solder the grounding , left and right pot and it's all done.
However , some website ( such as lowgain ) said I have to remove EM2-EM4 after soldering the 3 pot mentioned above on the gameboy color motherboard .
Is removing EM2-EM4 optional or a must ?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

Always remove EM2 and EM4 ONLY IF you are doing internal. Those two are sort of bridges for the audio signal from the pot to the headphone jack that is already on there (if I'm remembering correctly).

I don't remember ever having to solder to ground (granted I do internal prosound), just soldering to L/R pot and then to the L/R on the other side of the board right next to the headphone jack. tbh internal is much cleaner looking and gets you the same results. It's just a bit trickier with cable management.

Noise channel will suck no matter what though haha

I want to add a line out mod and I have no idea should I mess with em2-em4

Are you reusing the headphone jack, or adding an additional 1/8" jack? If you're adding one, you don't need to remove components. You will sever the headphone connection if you do.

Speaking of, why do people call it "internal" prosound? Both jacks are internal.

Naptown

i wonder if it has to do with the way the mod was done in this low-gain post

chippyattack wrote:

I want to add a line out mod and I have no idea should I mess with em2-em4

No need to remove EM2/EM4 if you're doing a mod that isn't internal. If you're using a different jack other than the stock one, you should be fine.

Ok much thanks ^^

By the way what's the difference between external prosound mod and internal prosound mod?

Last edited by chippyattack (Jul 21, 2017 4:42 am)

chippyattack wrote:

By the way what's the difference between external prosound mod and internal prosound mod?

External = you connect the pot to a new headphone/audio jack
Internal = same mod, but you use the stock 3.5mm jack already in the system

nanode wrote:
chippyattack wrote:

External = you connect the pot to a new headphone/audio jack
Internal = same mod, but you use the stock 3.5mm jack already in the system

OK So I'm going to do the external one , much thanks