Off the coast of Florida
bleo wrote:

Also, @patriotic_octopi: I also highly recommend changing your name back to nekk!

Gah, you are the tenth person who has told me that! I will see if I can get it changed back tongue

Geneva, NY

Ask and ye shall receive

New York City
nekk wrote:

Is Renoise worth it?

Abandoned on Fire

Worth every penny.  I've got an un-built monome clone laying around waiting for OSC support (which is coming in the new version I think) and as soon as they get disk streaming for large files done it will be my only DAW.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

I never meant that the program wasn't amazing and worth it. I have a friend who tried all programs avaliable and end up using seq24 tongue . And he makes awesome stuff with it.

I'm not saying you don't have to buy it. I'm just saying that you can try another pieces of software, maybe (if your bugdet is low) ANOTHER option may suit for your particular needs. For example, i just use the modern computer for recording+FX's. No need to buy anything (on linux there are ardour and LADSPA fx's - among a lot, just naming some). Even better, you can donate to make ardour more awesome.

@Ant1:  There is a nearly full featured Demo version.  You only pay for a small handful of features that don't really affect the overall usability of it.  You pay if you want to pay.

Yes, it's a team of people making money from the software, but it is built with a LOT of input from the community.  The devs are very open to suggestion and will add just about anything if demand for it is great enough (and sometimes just for kicks).  Renoise wasn't made by some high profile business execs either, it was a small project at first.

Philly, PA, USA

I just downloaded the demo version, when i have the cash, i may need to pay for it for real

Manchester UK

worth it for 'capture VST as samples' alone (which is disabled in the demo, and the main reason I bought it!)   smile

Italy

i'd say it's also worth for having a very powerful and flexible sampler built right into the DAW. Well actually that is the core of the DAW in Renoise smile

Adelaide, Australia

Man, I'm checking out Renoise now.

Wellington, New Zealand

I tried renoise and it takes up quite alot of my cpu when playing songs back and screws up. Try MadTracker2. Its free, uses vst and samples, interface is sorta like milkytracker, and It doesn't lag.

))<>((

You must have a slow CPU then lol, cause it run perfectly fine on my craptop.

uhajdafdfdfa

Renoise is really worth it

but not for making chiptunes

Italy
ant1 wrote:

how is that?

uhajdafdfdfa
rumpelfilter wrote:
ant1 wrote:

how is that?

the most noteworthy features are the built in DSPs and VST support - not things that you need to do chiptunes
you can get everything you need to do chiptunes from a free tracker and I don't think you'd miss much by using milky/schism/protracker if you were just bleeping and blooping (and these trackers are much lighter, and seem to have a sleeker interface too).

for non-chippy (real?) music, renoise is absolutely fantastic! recommended +++++++

Im disagree with the opinions here. YOU DONT NEED RENOISE FOR MAKE CHIPMUSIC!!!

I would bet for simple trackers. Renoise have tons of pro features that you will never use.

Ok, people will reply me saying: "but with renoise you can make chiptunes too"
Yes.. agree... but again.. you will be use only the very basic features that you can get in other trackers for free.. ( so not need to pay)