philly

I believe it can be done with MML. I would love for a user-friendly, famitracker equivalent for the game boy, but that's a different story... smile

rochester, ny
bucky wrote:

I believe it can be done with MML. I would love for a user-friendly, famitracker equivalent for the game boy, but that's a different story... smile

there's that .sav file to html converter website. i always thought that it would be really easy to reverse engineer that into something similar. like, not only could people could swap instruments, kits, songs, etc. through a website and download the .sav's onto their carts but they could also edit the notes/phrases/chains.

Sweeeeeeden
bucky wrote:

Do you guys think you'd be able to host a mirror of this site?
http://www.angelfire.com/nc/ugetab/
http://www.angelfire.com/nc/ugetab/GBSs/

It's not all gameboy related, but a lot of it is related to gbs files.

If there's a program within there that is worth separating from the rest, for the purposes of what you've got going, it's gbs2gb (you can 'ctrl + f' it to find it). GBS2GB 1.17 allows you to convert gbs files into gb roms for playback on hardware. Without it, I don't know of a good working solution to sample game boy soundtracks from hardware.

Ugetab tragically recently passed away of a brain aneurysm. He was helpful with a lot things and created a bunch of stuff that I used heavily... sad

Thanks for the tip. Will mirror. Do you have any information on his real name and date of death? (I want to put a RIP along with the mirror.)

nickmaynard wrote:
bucky wrote:

there's that .sav file to html converter website. i always thought that it would be really easy to reverse engineer that into something similar. like, not only could people could swap instruments, kits, songs, etc. through a website and download the .sav's onto their carts but they could also edit the notes/phrases/chains.

That's another one of my project ideas wich may or may not happen in the future, depending on how much time and motivation I will have. smile

Sweeeeeeden
nickmaynard wrote:

are there any tools to create a .gbs file on a desktop computer?

A .gbs file is like a part of a .gb file, which contains playback code and data. Most gbs's floating around are probably extracted from games. To make a .gbs you need a playback engine. (Just some technical background.)

xpmck is what you want.

Sweeeeeeden

http://gbdev.gg8.se/files/

The file hub is now back and working properly again. It never went down (except today when I worked on it for a while) but it looked really basic and ugly. This was because the code I used relied on certain features in Apache to list the directory contents, which I had to reimplement with my own code. This is now done, so now it should be working fine again. However, if something looks or acts weird, please tell me here or in private.

I haven't added Ugetab's stuff yet, but I really should do it soon. Who knows which  month Angelfire is going to go down...

Sydney, NSW

Maybe it's because I'm using Firefox at the moment, but with long readme.txts no line breaks are shown.

Sweeeeeeden

Ah! It's always been like that. I did it that way because that's the easiest way to not mess up ASCII art. I guess I should fix it. Thanks.

England

Very useful. Thanks a lot nitro2k01!

It seems PixelH8's free software downloads no longer work. Your archive supplied me with the goods!

Cheers.