I'm looking for suggestions for a good wav editor for mac. My requirements are thus:

* Real time EQ is a must, if possible real time effects
* Easy to grab a chunk, make a new file, save with new name
* Easy to re-jigger loop size on the fly (while playing)

Do not say audacity. I really don't like the UI, and it does not have real time EQ.

My bread and butter was Soundforge 7 about 5 years ago.. but been searching about and nothing seems to have that ease of use.

Anything I might have missed?

Melbtown, Lolstralia

Wavelab 7? Not sure about its looping abilities but it is probably the closest to soundforge in terms of features and you can def do realtime effects and save cuts and edits as new files..

Spokompton

If you were on PC, I would say Wavosaur. That said, it runs on my 500 mhz Vaio just fine. So you can probably dumpster dive a computer that will run it. Or maybe you can emulate it on OSX.

))<>((

Peak Proooo is the shit.

but it's expensive. sad

Tokyo, Japan

Reaper?

Chicago IL

ableton?

The Bronx

Originoo Loop Jiggaz

No bigazz daws just a wav editor dawg

Select -> chopout -> eq-> cmd s -> name -> move on

Wavosaur looks good.. Wonder if wine can handle it

Last edited by mk (Dec 3, 2010 7:15 am)

Los Angeles

any of the wave editors will do, you use a audio unit or vst for eq, thats how most people work anyway.

Twisted wave is pretty good.

Los Angeles

actually now I think about it, osx has a graphic eq and a parametric eq audio unit installed by default.

London, UK

Not sure if it does everything you want, but for quick'n'dirty sampling / sample editing for use in Piggy tracker I really like using Wiretape Studio which has a really nice editing interface. http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/wiretap/

Fission is worth a look too. http://rogueamoeba.com/fission/

Milan, Italy

I wav edit and mix with Adobe Audition. In past it was known as "cool edit pro"
It looks like cubase but is faster and easier (so it's ok on my shitty pc).

Geneva, NY
Lazerbeat wrote:

Reaper?

Reaper unfortunately doesn't have a built in wav editor sad

Westfield, NJ
bleo wrote:
Lazerbeat wrote:

Reaper?

Reaper unfortunately doesn't have a built in wav editor sad

I WAV edit in Audacity and EQ in Ableton.

Spokompton

Oh yeah! Renoise has a frigging great built in WAV editor. And if I remember right, or if they haven't changed the demo functionality, that capability isn't disabled in the demo.

Thanks all. I will give them a try and report back!

Using renoise is a good idea actually.. Can generate with synths and eq chop and export hmm hmm

Closest one to what Im looking for so far is twisted wave methinx.. 30 day trial here we go