rochester, ny

let's pick a tempo and a key.

then one of us will write the drums/backing track and send the finished song to the other person. the other person will then compose all of the leads. that person will then mix the two halves together in a recording program and post the track.

anyone interested? i love faster power pop stuff but any style is cool with me!

you can hear some of my jams at my 8bc page - http://8bitcollective.com/members/nickmaynard/

Last edited by nickmaynard (Jan 13, 2010 6:17 am)

PDX

I'll do it - how do you want to proceed? If you did the drums and bass for instance, could I modify it by chopping it up and moving it around or is the goal to just have someone do it and then make the other half fit like a glove? The power pop stuff is fine, I heard your 88MPH song, that kind of style is cool, very anamanaguchi...

))<>((

if I was better at composing and whatnot, I would so be down for this, I love your 88MPH track.

rochester, ny

yeah, definitely. you could chop it up and do whatever you want with it.

if you're up for it, i can work on some drums.

PDX

@nickmaynard

Go for it! I am assuming you are using a DAW, and if so, can you export wavs of the different tracks when you are done? It doesn't have to be a work of art if you just want to screw around with some stuff and then shoot out some wav files. Hit me up at rush (at) rushcoil.com and I can give you FTP info.

Last edited by RushCoil (Jan 20, 2010 1:36 am)