STARDRAIN, CA
likeluke wrote:

los angeles! we're playing one more show here before we head out to tulsa! tonight at meltdown comics with george & jonathan and dj dougpoundd! FUCKING YEEEEEAH

Yeah that one was FREAKING WIN!
***BTW did anyone ever find my silly DMG?

Last edited by Kool Skull (Apr 12, 2011 11:48 pm)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
likeluke wrote:
Alley Beach wrote:

FUCK im right in the middle between LA and frisco, come closer! =[[[[

sry bro, not much of a scene in clovis. both sf AND la are going to RULE, tho! take yr pick, call a friend or two, and hit the road like us!

Not much of a scene here in St. Paul either. but you're playing here.
i just found out about this show tonight.. Good of you guys to contact the locals to say hey what's up. tongue Never  bothered to look at this thread because no one thinks to come to MN.

Guess i can't blame you though. being "rock stars" and all. You're buys guys.

Yes.. i'm bitter.. kiss my ass.
It insults me.

p.s. and you guys still need a vocalist. Seriously wtf.. Man-up and sing damn it.

^not cool.

Anyhow, You guys rocked it! Thanks for coming out and playing an awesome show! Really enjoyed some of your newer stuff I haven't heard before.
The Birthday Suits were fucking awesome and Peelander Z tore shit up!

p.s. Luke you smell for not having a beer with me, sucka!! haha. Next time

Keep rockin the country and enjoy the rest of the tour, boyz

brooklyn!
low-gain wrote:
likeluke wrote:

sry bro, not much of a scene in clovis. both sf AND la are going to RULE, tho! take yr pick, call a friend or two, and hit the road like us!

i just found out about this show tonight.. Good of you guys to contact the locals to say hey what's up. tongue Never  bothered to look at this thread because no one thinks to come to MN.

Guess i can't blame you though. being "rock stars" and all. You're buys guys.

It insults me.

p.s. and you guys still need a vocalist. Seriously wtf.. Man-up and sing damn it.

sorry, just want to clear this up. are you insulted because we came to st paul and forgot to bump the thread? if so, sorry about that. it's been a hectic few days.

also, not sure where this antagonistic stuff is coming from. we're not "rock stars"; we're five dudes in a fucking van on tour who played first of three last night. to be honest, not even sure exactly which part of this you're bitter about. if you want to talk shit on me and my band, feel free to do it thru pm from now on.

so in order to avoid this problem againMILWAUKEE SEE YOU TONIGHT

Bronx, NY

Definitely have a lot to say, but definitely just deleted the whole thing to replace it with some GOOD VIBES INSTEAD HOW Y'ALL BROS DOIN YOU BETTER BE KILLIN THE FUCKIN GAME

New York City

Logan... Seriously?

I've stopped writing on the Chipmusic and 8bc forums actively so as to avoid the anger that consumes me from reading comments full of asinine tuff-talk like you're doing here; normally I'd just ignore it but this is just unnecessary.

Just because you're self-admittedly bitter by no means justify you shit talking on someone or a group of people for their success, especially when you seem to be most disheartened by the fact that they didn't reach out to say what's up to you because you're a local to one of the stops on their tour when you have openly spoken negatively about their music on the internet for a handful of years now.

The rest of my arguments were fair but this is a little uncalled for, which doesn't make it okay, but calling Anamanaguchi out on needing a vocalist- Maybe they'll hire you? You seem to be pretty confident about projecting your voice, so why not?

In conclusion, SWAG, SWAG, BASED GOD, YOUNG BOSS, LIL B let's all calm down and support the artists we believe in (I personally believe in Anamanaguchi heart ) and not talk shit when it's literally not even aiming to be to any avail.

-Damon

P.S. I was at the Chicago date of this tour and it destroyed.

PDX

Haterade is banned in chipmusic.org

Last edited by OrionOrbit (Apr 16, 2011 6:47 pm)

IL, US
Starscream wrote:

-Damon

P.S. I was at the Chicago date of this tour and it destroyed.

are you still in chicago?

Brooklyn NY US
OrionOrbit wrote:

Just have to say, this image is fucking amazing. It is cracking my shit UP.

PDX
Bit Shifter wrote:
OrionOrbit wrote:

Just have to say, this image is fucking amazing. It is cracking my shit UP.

smile We can thank my buddy brandonall
https://www.facebook.com/brandonalltm

Brooklyn NY US

Incidentally Jhonen Vasquez says the awesome, strutting flip-flopped Batman is by Eliza Gauger.

thieveland ohio

see you in cleveland tonight. I will be spinning records and mp3s between sets in the 8bit vs punk deathmatch.

Michigan

fucking KILLED IT last night in Pontiac!! everything i expected and more.

if theyre coming to your city on the rest of the tour GO SEE THEM!

miss you dudez already

PDX
Bit Shifter wrote:

Incidentally Jhonen Vasquez says the awesome, strutting flip-flopped Batman is by Eliza Gauger.

Nice. I was wonddering who made that. My friend brandon just uploaded it and never said where it came from.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

LOL
Apparently you all took what i wrote in a serious tone... Again.
I shall explain my tone/point of view once again... And no, i'm not back pedaling.

i just found out about this show tonight.. Good of you guys to contact the locals to say hey what's up. Never  bothered to look at this thread because no one thinks to come to MN.

Guess i can't blame you though. being "rock stars" and all.

This was supposed to come off sarcastic. Guess i should have ended it w/ a smile or "har har"

It insults me.

I was just a little hurt that out of the 3-4 active chip people in the twin cities only 1 was notified and he happens to be the one w/o a cell phone/place of residence at the moment. I have the balls to say this... i'm the only one in the twin cities that organizes events that are 8-bit related. I'm not offended that you didn't ask any of us to play, or to help book a show.. i'm sure you have a booking agent at this point that did the booking for you. I guess I kind of figured you guys were a little more aware that there are only like 6 of us here and a simple " hey man, we're gunna be playing st. paul! here are the details if you could help spread the word that would be great". I literally didn't look at this thread until the night of the show because L-Tron told me they were playing(the night of the show). I guess shame on me for assuming that if anyone from out of town was going to play in the city i live in that they'd have told me via email or something. I'm still can't believe you even played in Minnesota.

OH c'mon, I have been saying this (light heartedly) for years now... I even ended it with something light hearted and it's still taken the wrong way! I think i've been mistaken though for far too long... I enjoy your music. The guitar tones (and yes i've said this for years too) aren't my thing.. a little too "metal zone" for my liking, but the songs are great. I just really wish you guys had vocals! Any producer or larger inde record label would tell you the same thing. I only say it because when i listen to the music I hear vocals singing along to it and i think the songs could be so much more w/ Vox. People connect better to music that has vocals. Specifically the common people (not people already into electronic music). If it's starting to annoy you then tell me directly and i'll shut up about it.

I really love how everyone's so quick to jump down my back including one of my best friends. That's really awesome guys.. Thanks.And i'm sure now i'm going to get shit on when i ask for help with my tour coming end of June.. Awesome.

I'm going to just say this... IF you guys can't take a little criticism or creative suggestions about your music u really should just give up. People have their opinions. I'm not saying and have never said your music is bad. It's good. I just think it could be even more awesome with vocals, less Metal Zone w/ more natural overdrive (18-30W tube amps!!). If i was producing you that's what i'd say. Now of course i'm not and the argument can be said "if you're not going to say something nice, dont say it at all" it's just a positive suggestion that I like to repeat in hopes that some day it sticks and you rock it even harder.t i'll shut up about it though.But i've yet to see instrumental pop rock go big. And dont tell me you dont want to go big ;P I say it because out of all the chip music being made these days you guys and a hand full of others are the only ones with a real potential of going somewhere outside of the chip music scene with it. That's nothing that should be shunned, embrace it and go with it while you have the opportunities at your reach.

/rant, even though you'll all probably still hate me. Thats fine. We can be children about it.

P.S. Birthday Suites fucking rock!! Gunna see them play w/ the Soviettes in May.

Last edited by low-gain (Apr 18, 2011 11:23 pm)

rochester, ny

it's a little unreasonable to expect a band to personally inform a half dozen people in every city they play every time they go on a national tour.