Psydney, Australia

A new version just out... http://experiment.nashnet.co.uk

Is anyone actually using this?
It's pretty neat, and it's free. When I first saw it I was all like "ZOMG THAT'S THE SHIT!" but I'm hopelessly stuck with Renoise. I imagine it's a tracker dream come true for someone who's already got their favourite DAW or something.

So, has anyone tried / is actually using this and what are their experiences?

New York City

Thanks a lot, I registered to try this!

A gray world of dread

Looks neat, but doesn't seem to offer much new to Buzz users. MIDI in/out is interesting though, because Buzz' MIDI handling sucks.

Psydney, Australia
µB wrote:

Looks neat, but doesn't seem to offer much new to Buzz users. MIDI in/out is interesting though, because Buzz' MIDI handling sucks.

What I always missed in Buzz was the ability to see all the tracks at once. But I think you can do that with the newest Buzz builds, right?

A gray world of dread

Yeah, I think the beta build can do this (also insert machines into chains by clicking on the connection, which is cool, because it was a hassle de- and reconnecting). I haven't come around to install it yet because most of my tracks use a legacy mixer that is said to be incompatible, and I fear what parallel installs would do. neutral

iLKke wrote:

Is anyone actually using this?

I was thinking the same thing when I received that last email from Chris Nash.

Psydney, Australia

Even tho I'm not using it I'm really glad that something like this exists. Might prove useful one day. Tracking in Ableton, perhaps?
I understand Chris is fishing for more people to join (for free, of course). Maybe his project funding depends on it.
So, if y'all don't mind an occasional release announcement, feel free to take part in the 'experiment'