Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

I had to come back to this topic just to say that I'm still laughing about Bert Shefter.

-----
My name is apparently used as shorthand for microdermabrasion. That's all I've got... tongue

ohio gozaimasu

Yet another "my-name-is-so-stupid-that-nobody-would-steal-it" here

Texas

I don't know which is worse, that I was hoping for some seriously entertaining trolling throughout this entire thread, or that I actually read the entire thing. ::facepalm::

P.S.: At least Bert Shefter made it all better.

P.P.S: Hey, it rhymed!

Rochester, NY

atari could sue us at any moment

John Cale has been forced to change his name due to excessive similarities with John Cage, his subsequent works will be released under the moniker 'Infinity Strum'.

Boston, MA
sergio wrote:

John Cale has been forced to change his name due to excessive similarities with John Cage, his subsequent works will be released under the moniker 'Infinity Strum'.

see also: Johnny Cage

Philadelphia

Yeah my name is too stupid for anyone else to want to use.

I used a random fantasy name generator, then tweaked it a bit, so I seem to be pretty safe at the moment

Philly, PA, USA
DJ Turac wrote:

I used a random fantasy name generator, then tweaked it a bit, so I seem to be pretty safe at the moment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turac hm.. lol

San Francisco

I recently had a NYC Rap-Core band confront me about my name "xombie". After showing them my myspace being active since 2007, and theirs only since 2010, they've stopped emailing me. I am also applying for a Performing Artists trademark. If you can manage to trademark your name before the other party, there shouldn't be any further confrontations. There are other trademarks under "xombie" but none for performing artists, there's an animated series, and a book.

AANABAY01

there's a band using my name

they're called Zan-zan-zawa-veia

TSSBAY01

they're a total band of itiots too, i heard they stole their powers from greg lake and now he has to wear 'the crotchpad of shame'.

AANABAY01

jaja (someone didn't get him a ladder)

Stockholm, Sweden
pselodux wrote:

i don't think there's ever going to be another pselodux.. most people misread it as pseudolux anyway, haha!

"another ps-lodu--"

Finland

There's some movie with the name "Here... My explosion" or something equally bizarre which I can for the life of me understand why anyone'd ever name a movie like that.

But as far as musicians/bands go, I mean, explosion is a very common word obviously so there's gonna be a few around using that. Doubt anyone else (that's googlable at least) has done the "my.Explosion" specifically as a band name/musician handle so far tho.

Boston, MA

THREAD BUMPED