hi, ive been working on a few plugins for octamed... below is a crappy video of a sample chopper im working on.

teeth!: is a sample chopper. it has a randomize function for randomly rearranging a sample. it also has a lock feature for locking areas you don't want rearranged. you can also manually rearrange a sample using the lock feature, or you can manually edit + chop a sample using the select/copy/paste tools. they automatically adjust to select/copy/paste convenient areas (1/8 1/16 1/32, etc). you can also rearrange/chop/paste multiple samples together. theres also a random retrigger feature that will randomly retrigger areas of the audio... eventually i'll make this like the lock feature so you can force retrigger (or not).

timebomb!: will automatically resample a sample to match the bpm of a project. it supports any range of both bpm and spd. i spent a lot of time coming up with the equations that actually calculate this... it was a bitch because there is no documentation anywhere about it + it was fairly complicated math. timebomb can also automatically transpose a sample using octamed's instrument settings rather than resample.

earache!: is basically a frontend for some of octamed's built in effects. handy to have everything conveniently located. (inspired by anakirob)

destroy!: not pictured, is basically a frontend for sox with a few features of timebomb! supports high pass, low pass, bandpass filters, compression, timestretching (instead of resampling), a bitcrusher (2bit 4bit), and a destroy option that will insanely distort the audio.

everything runs fast on an emulated amiga 4000. i've run them all on my real amiga 600 + they are pretty slow... ~ 1minute for resampling with sox, ~15 secs to resample with octamed's internal resampler, ~10 secs to chop a breakbeat. although slow on a 600, they are all %100 compatible with a 68000 cpu as well as workbench 2.1. sorry for the lame video, i hate making videos. will try to post some vids of the others later.

TEETH!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8Z2mmNLtM0

Last edited by systmcrsh (Mar 25, 2011 5:03 am)

Sweden

Looking nice! I'll give them a benchmark on my A1200 with fastram when I get home from werk.

Unsubscribe

wow this is cool!!

Milwaukee, WI

FINALLY.

Milwaukee, WI

I can testify that having lived in the same building as Ty Stagediver for years, you did in three minutes what usually takes him a whole afternoon. Very cool.

Milwaukee, WI

Wow, so sick!  I'm really hoping to pick up an A600 or A1200 tomorrow and I'll give these a shot if I do.

São Paulo, Brazil

thank you!!

thanx... depending on what kind of social life i have this weekend i hope to have them available for download by sunday or so. i still have to remove some debug + useless code and fix some minor things. anyways, another vid:

TIMEBOMB!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHTRjYSPIGI

New York City

Awesome to see this sort of stuff cominng out for Amiga! Keep it up@

Sydney, Australia

Bloody awesome! Will defs give these ago when they're up for download. Are there many plugins available for octamed, like chippy synth plugins perhaps? If so where might I find them?

Sydney, Australia

Also are there plugins available for Protracker at all?

New York City

Protracker doesn't work like this at all, there's no scripting available. So, no.
Octamed is not a "plugin host"  of any sort as in VST or whatever you are used to. I'd call these scripts rather than plugins, but I guess for understanding of the common nowadays folk, the creator has chosen to call them plugins.

Australia
akira^8GB wrote:

Also are there plugins available for Protracker at all?

Arguably powerpacker (or the like) are libraries that Protracker can use to compress / decompress MOD files a bit like a ZIP, but that's about it for additional functionality as far as I know.

systmcrsh: THANKS MAN!  Will have to FINALLY put Octamed back on my 1200 (with the 040)  :-)

Last edited by cTrix (Apr 14, 2011 5:29 am)

New York City
cTrix wrote:

Arguably powerpacker (or the like) are libraries that Protracker can use to compress / decompress MOD files a bit like a ZIP, but that's about it for additional functionality as far as I know.

Come on man you are PUSHING it! xD

brighton, uk

I'm done with waiting, where are these!!!!
sad:(:(

Milwaukee, WI

Posted at http://trebledeathsystem.com/forums/778#comment-5642 on March 28.

WORRRD