Portland, OR, USA

There are only a few of these left.  They are lovingly created and have been well received by the Chip Music community.  Get your hands on one of the last few before they are all gone (only 50 were made).
We are on to our second release of the Rechargeable series, a cassette release of live sets from 2010-2011.

Rechargeable Volume 1 - 60 minute tape in 100% recycled case, massive download & 2 music videos
We welcome 2011 with the first of 3 cassette offerings from Battery Powered Music and Tamarack. Tamarack Music first tape release comes in a high quality Brad pack from Stumptown Printers, printed by HEATWAVE Press, with cover design by Elias Foley. Packed with Dub tinged chip-tune, deep 8 bit acid, and deep space battery powered drones; this album represents 2 years of experimentation, headphone composition and improvised musical play. We are excited to share it all with you.

Also includes a generous immediate download of the A side & B side of the cassette plus a stand alone album including the tracks used in the cassette & additional tracks. We offer the stand alone album for interaction, remixing sampling have fun with it!

Thats a massive 22-track album in your choice of 320k mp3, FLAC, or just about any other format you could possibly desire!

Link to the goods is here: http://tamarackmusic.bandcamp.com/album/rechargeable

buffalo, NY

I fucking love that packaging and tape design.

Portland, OR, USA

Thanks.

Portland, OR, USA

It is the 1st of 3 volumes.  The other 2 will be out later this year.  Collect them all!

I got one of these, really nice, CHILL simple dub-like ambient stuff cassette

buy this peoples

danimal cannon wrote:

I fucking love that packaging and tape design.

absolutely positively agree
+1

Portland, OR, USA

Thanks again!  Throw some dough at me via bandcamp and one or more can be yours!

rochester, ny

god, i wish i could rip off that packaging design. so good.

Portland, OR, USA

Thanks.

As for ripping of the design.  You can get the Brad Packs here: http://www.stumptownprinters.com/store/ … kaging-24/  and the graphic is easy to find or make.  There are many many lovingly created homages to the gameboy design all over the web from my sweet ass tape case design to T-shirts, so steal away nickmaynard, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery (pretty sure Nintendo would say I stole it in the first place).

Last edited by Battery Powered Music (Apr 9, 2011 3:57 am)

Chepachet, Rhode Island

This really is the coolest design I have ever come across with regards to a music release.

Melbourne, Australia

@Battery Powered Music : There isn't some sort of secret creed that stipulates that "you scratch my back, I'll scrath yours". Your potential customers aren't going to care if you "support" the scene by buying music from other artists.

I appreciate your position, believe me. I'm sitting on a decent enough stack of unsold 7" vinyl myself. Should people feel sorry for me and thus be compelled to purchase because of it? Fuck no. Should I stand on my soap box and tell everyone how much I support my peers and expect that in return that they support me? No. Because it's not relevent in the slightest how I spend my money.

Now, I'm sorry if my post offends you or comes of harshly. I suggest that if this sort of thing bothers you then you don't invest/gamble on any more releases. You say your product is selling well elsewhere? Then why get so bend out of shape because you're not seeing sales from one forum?

I could theorise a few reasons as to why you don't see leads turn to sales from one forum and not another but I fear I may unfairly generalise and thus alienate people on this board or another regardless of how I slice it. If you want to talk about it, sling me a PM wink Consumer buying habits are a tricky thing to analyse.

What I would suggest however is that you are not going to generate any more sales by coming off as a whinger and insinuating that  people are cheapskates.

I'm sorry I can't listen to the release and give you my impressions on what actually counts (the music) but the net connection I'm on at the moment is flakier than a bowl of Frosties. When I'm done on holidays and can get home I'll take a listen.

For what it is worth I can agree with the majority here and tell you that I dig the package design. Am I keen on buying a casette tape that I can't play at home? Not really. Maybe people here just aren't willing to trade off convinience and audio quality for what could be seen as a gimick.

Again I'm sorry if you feel this comes off a bit harsh but I really suggest that if you are serious about putting your best foot forward and selling these casettes that perhaps you need to think about your PR tactics. Your last post didn't do you any favours.

Best of luck.

Unsubscribe
celsius wrote:

truckload of win

South Dakota

dammit, why must I be poor when epic thing like this appear?!?!?!

Portland, OR, USA

I am a winner not a whinger (what is that anyway?)!  WINNING!

By the way all lovers of the package (hmmm that sounds suggestive)  there is a massive download of hi-quality digital files that comes with the purchase of the tape.  The tracks on the tape plus 18 more tracks and to short videos!  Whuddayawhuddaya, celsius?  Link me to a listen of your 7 inch release, if I like it I wanna get my hands on it.  And BTW this tape is selling really well I only have 9 left! 

Sorry chipmusic peoples I don't wanna rag on yooz.  Please forgive me.

celsius, you didn't come of harsh and I appreciate your feedback.  I will severely punish my inner troll and banish him to the cage I keep my id in.

Handg in there SgtCrispy, even if the tape sells out I may be able to pull one off the shelf of one of my local music stores and the downloadable album will be available until some hackers take out bandcamp's servers or the collapse of Western civilization, which ever comes first.

Melbourne, Australia

A whinger is Aussie slang for someone who whines.

I'm sure there was no mal intent in your post but I guess my point is when you're running a business you need to put your game face on and always present your best side (the A side!).

Thanks for surprising me and taking my comments in good humor. A lot of people would have just flamed the shit out of someone with an opposing view. It's good that you're giving away the digital copies with the physical purcahse. I think that's the smart thing to do. Looking forward to having a listen when I get home. Love me some lo-fi dub sweetness.

Oh, it's not my release per se. One of the other mods on this board (10k) and myself just started a little outfit to promote the music we love on a medium we cherish. The first release is a dnb split by two of Texas' finest, IAYD and Sievert.

You can have a peek here : www.soundslegit.com

Milwaukee, WI

Correction: The *B* side is always the best side. If it's not, you are doing it wrong.

Oh and the obligatory piggyback: BUY BUY BUY http://www.radiograffiti.org BUY BUY BUY

Seriously though, everyone had better keep their eyes (and wallets) to Sounds Legit. I sense a very, very bright future for them.