Google translated text:

Attention! This version of FAT is very experimental! Some functions (such as saving and loading) are not yet available (some cartridges can make snapshots). The development of FAT is active: if you want to help (translations, graphics, code, websites, more ...) please! You can contact me by mail: cyril_DOT_brouillard_CHEZ_gmail_dot_COM.

FAT (FuriousAdvanceTracker) is a software designed for creating music on Game Boy Advance. FAT is currently in test version (not yet complete).
FAT is a tracker whose interface is based very deeply LSDJ (LittleSoundDJ), a well known software used on Game Boy. Despite this, FAT stands out adding new features to compose chiptunes on GBA.

     * the GameBoyAdvance has 6 channel sound. AFL exploits (ra) all.
     * FAT is (will be) facing live. A special screen is even expected to improvise melodic lines live.
     * and many other ideas that will be added as and when!

FAT is free and free! You can download it, use it with an emulator or burn it on a GBA cartridge. If you notice a bug or odd behavior, do a bug report: it is simple, fast, and above all it allows to change the software more effectively.
I hope you all enjoy using FAT that I had in the dream then the program ^ ^.
Cyril aka Spintronic.

http://www.furiousadvancetracker.com/

// nordloef

cute!

YES!

Nice find Nordloef.

Been wondering if there's going to be any other GBA track in development apart from Smiker's one.

Beautiful! Gonna check this with my dingoo later (the sound on dingoo is not the best, but is good enough)

I found out about it via JayTresh today on facebook. So I cant take any credit for that smile

Gonna try this at home later!

tried it and the interface is solid. my only complaint thus far is that when changing numeric values like tempo or whatever it tends to be overly sensitive. I have to go back and forth often missing the exact value that I actually want. Maybe slow it down a little?

i can't get it to work with my cartridge. it looks like it writes the program to the cartridge fine, but it doesn't load when i turn the gameboy advance sp on. the nintendo logo is all garbled. if someone gets this to work, let me know how. it looks amazing.

Rei Yano wrote:

my only complaint thus far is that when changing numeric values like tempo or whatever it tends to be overly sensitive. I have to go back and forth often missing the exact value that I actually want. Maybe slow it down a little?

It does seem kind of sensitive. I had trouble placing notes because it'd scroll down too fast. Also deleting notes is a little weird. And I almost have to hold start for it to start playing.

I'm sure these things will be calibrated better as development continues. Speaking of which, who is developing this? It's good to see other GBA trackers emerging since M4G seems... dead.

arlen wrote:

who is developing this?

Cyril Brouillard (Spintronic) avec l'aide de Guillaume Dualé (Flip-Flop)

edit: oops...

avec l'aide de = with the help of

Last edited by Battle Lava (April 25, 2011 9:58 pm)

Cool!  I really did LSDJ inspiration.  What are the extra channels being used for?  A similar configuration as M4G?

nickmaynard wrote:

i can't get it to work with my cartridge. it looks like it writes the program to the cartridge fine, but it doesn't load when i turn the gameboy advance sp on. the nintendo logo is all garbled. if someone gets this to work, let me know how. it looks amazing.

Do you have one of those el cheapo blue cartridges? Because I got exactly the same problem and it wouldn't be the first software I try with this cart and doesn't work.

This is awesome! m4g has some competition it seems, let's hope this one makes it to some kind of completion though.

Also I tried it in an emulator and it was very quick like others were saying, did you try it on hardware? because i have the same issue when i use LSDJ in an emulator as opposed to on a gameboy

still haven't tested this, but the interface is way nicer than m4g.

PULSELOOPER wrote:

still haven't tested this, but the interface is way nicer than m4g.

I think the color scheme in m4g is nicer at least, I like the way m4g handles it's screens more so though

akira^8GB wrote:
nickmaynard wrote:

i can't get it to work with my cartridge. it looks like it writes the program to the cartridge fine, but it doesn't load when i turn the gameboy advance sp on. the nintendo logo is all garbled. if someone gets this to work, let me know how. it looks amazing.

Do you have one of those el cheapo blue cartridges? Because I got exactly the same problem and it wouldn't be the first software I try with this cart and doesn't work.

yep, i do. dang.