Moncton, Canada

I don't mind paying the extra labor because it's work that I would encourage people to keep doing and it's something unique that straight up owns. Also I can't be arsed to do it myself and when I try, DMGs die.

Also people making profit off this sort of work usually aren't all that rich either wink

New York City
trash80 wrote:

Akira... One of my points was like, would you do screen mods for people? and if so how much... I don't know about you but to me it's so tedious and annoying.

Same here man, I only make them for myself and I usually get annoyed (I have the tendency to connect the wrong cables on the wrong pins tongue)

Apeshit: well yeah, if a DMG costed 45 bucks... that's rough... I'd never pay 45 bucks for any sort of game boy.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

if you want to make money of it you should consider getting always the cheaper prices for the materials, regarding the quality that you want to sell. if the gameboys are expensive for you, maybe is not a good deal to sell them.

Over here i pay like 4 to 10 dollars for a DMG. NOT MORE (play it loud and stuff).

Akira, in argentina  the commodore 64 and the speccy are more common,... lucky you!

New York City

Analog, regardless, they make you pay like 300 ar$ for a commodore 64, which is bull shit

Brazil

I paid BRL 50 on my DMG, which now is $30 or more.

Madison, Alabama

I paid about $35 for a green play it loud in dead-mint condition.  Looks new.  I don't regret it.  I could have spent a week or two trolling flea markets and thrift shops till I found a functional gray DMG, but paying a slight premium to get exactly what I want without having to hunt for it seems reasonable to me.  $90 for a straight pro-sound modded DMG is too high, though.

$90 for an intricate mod seems reasonable to me, though.  Granted, I don't even know how to solder, so I may put a higher premium on these services than someone who knows something about electronics.

Last edited by roboctopus (May 10, 2011 2:39 pm)

Unsubscribe

i got a factory refurbished clear play it loud for $12 because of an ebay typo. Still in the plastic. You rush a sale, you pay the price.

Madison, Alabama
herr_prof wrote:

i got a factory refurbished clear play it loud for $12 because of an ebay typo. Still in the plastic. You rush a sale, you pay the price.

My point exactly.  You could spend weeks (or more) waiting to get a deal or get lucky finding what you want, or you can pay a bit of a premium to get something right away.

New York City
roboctopus wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

My point exactly.  You could spend weeks (or more) waiting to get a deal or get lucky finding what you want, or you can pay a bit of a premium to get something right away.

Patience is a good character feature to obtain or work on, let me tell you.

Chicago IL

i've never used a modding service, or bought a modded gameboy, because the work is easy to do and super cheap.

Madison, Alabama
akira^8GB wrote:
roboctopus wrote:

Geez.  I'm merely arguing that in a given market there are good deals that often take time to find, or there are higher-priced premiums that are easier.  You want convenience or speed, you pay for it.  To assume I have no patience is utterly silly.

Last edited by roboctopus (May 10, 2011 6:44 pm)

New York City
roboctopus wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

Geez.  I'm merely arguing that in a given market there are good deals that often take time to find, or there are higher-priced premiums that are easier.  You want convenience or speed, you pay for it.  To assume I have no patience is utterly silly.

And who said YOU have no patience? That's totally silly.

Chicago IL

you're both silly

CASE CLOSED

Madison, Alabama
Saskrotch wrote:

you're both silly

CASE CLOSED

I'll agree with that!

Brazil

Soldering might be esoteric to some, but since my father is an avid and experienced, i kinda grew up seeing iron solders and things getting soldered.

I did my own backlight with only kitsch's tutorial and doing magic. The only thing I did wrong was fucking it up mildly the lcd screen (is still perfectly clear to use it, minor scratches here and there.

But since some prosound mods requires cutting the plastic, which is not that simple neither that hard, it might back off people who wants your Gameboy modded.

So as being repetitive, if you know you can do it, then do it and don't pay for the service and convenience.

Unsubscribe
Saskrotch wrote: