San Francisco :P

Alright, Monovfox here to announce the release of my new album "Meetings Along Night's Edge". In this album, I attempt to bring in 3 very important genres of music, and put out what I believe to be a combination of the 3.
The Genres:
Impressionism (like Debussy)
Minimalism (like Philip Glass)
Chiptunes (like..... MYSELF!)

The album's name was appropriated from the Philip Glass and Ravi Shankar Album "Meetings Along the Edge", in which the two attempt to fuse their respective genres. So, in this attempt to fuse 3 genres, using Nocturnes (a classical piece describing night) I took the name "Meetings Along Night's Edge". I hope you all enjoy it, as much as I enjoyed making it. REVIEWS APPRECIATED

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?rtijfjf41ivt321

1:     Emulate.
2:     Chiptune Nocturne No.1
3:     Nocturne No.1 [piano piece]
4:     City: Chiptune Nocturne No.2
5:     Classical Chiptune Nocturne No.1
6:     Clair de Chiptune (Clair de lune, but with my twist)
-Monovfox

Review from 8bc.org
"You're right; these are incredibly beautiful pieces. Are the chip parts hardware? The overall sound quality is fantastic. Crystal clear and warm. Nice and large too. Reminds me of some Disasterpeace.

The Debussy piece comes in and it took me a minute to realize that it's the first transcription, that the rest are originals. What amazes me most about this work is your ability to reproduce rubato with chipsounds (especially if it's hardware). Honestly this would have to be my least favorite here; I much prefer the originals. Emulate is fantastically emotive and sculpted. A very moving piece of work.

I really admire what you've done here. There have been plenty of vgm and chiptune artists that emulate and incorporate classical styles into their work but I feel that here you aren't simply applying traditional compositional techniques into your music, but are actually composing very original pieces with the deft hand of someone knowledgeable yet experimental and groundbreaking. And experimental is probably the wrong word because rarely do these compositions feel novel for it's own sake, they actually work.

All in all I find this to be one of the best chiptune releases I've heard in a long time. And simply through it's groundbreaking merits I would say this is a lasting piece that will stand the test of time in a community that is greatly ephemeral."

another review:

http://undergroundterminal.blogspot.com … -edge.html

Last edited by Monovfox (Jun 24, 2011 9:12 pm)

snip, I thought I had edited the OP (but hey, I've been up 24 hours straight)

Last edited by Monovfox (Jun 20, 2011 12:19 pm)

Florida

^^^^ needs more love

Jay Tholen wrote:

^^^^ needs more love

thanks dude big_smile, made my day a bit better

Florida

It's funny that you get the good review on 8BC where your stuff doesn't have a chance unless you put 'DUBSTEP' all over it... and here nobody even replies. Might just be laziness.

SHEESH GUYS.

Jay Tholen wrote:

It's funny that you get the good review on 8BC where your stuff doesn't have a chance unless you put 'DUBSTEP' all over it... and here nobody even replies. Might just be laziness.

SHEESH GUYS.

I take it I have a fan? big_smile