Are we going to do those here?

After length research I think the consensus is:

"Dunno."

FERNDALE, MI, USA

i think we should. :3

ad-hell-aide

I think we should as well.

California

Lets make it more real than the last one. Something like a blog or websote. so people can see it all in one place. Im all for this idea btw.

FERNDALE, MI, USA

a blog or site devoted entirely to 48h challenges sounds great!

DE TRT

Can someone make a sub-domain for it?
Something like 48h.chipmusic.org?

Or would it be a totally different site?

Melbourne, Australia

This would indeed be very cool I think. I really like the idea of being challenged to do something not necessarily within ones comfort zone.

Westcoast Norway

Yea, someone just do it already. I need the practice tongue

Melbourne, Australia
Ogrim wrote:

Yea, someone just do it already. I need the practice tongue

If by 'someone' you mean the chipmusic staff, you should realise how much work they are putting into the site and be less demanding. There are a ton of other more pressing things that they have to do at this stage.

Also it's not hard to challenge yourself! tongue

Last edited by Derris-Kharlan (Jan 25, 2010 10:46 am)

should they be rolling pools which you can participate in at any time or where everyone starts and finishes at the same time?

Westcoast Norway

Derris-Kharlan: By someone, I mean people with a little weight/authory (or what you call it in English) in the community. Someone can start a thread, as no dedicated site is required to complete such a challenge. I see no demands being made, so you don't need to lecture me smile

Melbourne, Australia

Okay, sorry.

Why don't we just make a tumblr instead of a subdomain on this site?

Trash80 has enough to deal with!

We could get a list of email addresses of people willing to participate and post results via tumblr. The person who is challenged can still be able to choose who to challenge next and blah blah blah.

LET'S DO THIS THANG!

Geneva, NY
TristEndo wrote:

Lets make it more real than the last one. Something like a blog or websote. so people can see it all in one place. Im all for this idea btw.

I think you could easily flex you mod muscles and make it happen nicely in a thread.  The thread over at 8bc was pretty solid for a while: I worked very hard for a long while at keeping up with updating the first post with all the new songs, so that was centralized pretty well.  I even rebuilt most of the list after the big hack.  we could also easily get a list of all the 48hr songs uploaded here thanks to the ninja ass cool tagging feature!

California

ok so I made a tumblr and a twitter for it.