Philadelphia, PA

Free Download: http://undyingbloop.bandcamp.com/album/run-jump

Two mostly improvised fifteen minute tracks, with C64, DMG, nylon guitar, slap bass and mandolin. Sprawling tunes that lie somewhere between ambient folk and instrumental hip-hop. Available as a free download or as a cassette tape, in all its low fidelity glory

Nerd Talk: The drum samples came mostly from a friend's MIDIbox SID, sampled and layered into Ableton drum racks, then controlled through an Alesis SR-16.  Most of the "real" instruments (guitar, bass, piano) are running through a hardware rack into individual instances of Ableton's Looper.  There's a DMG with Nanoloop 2.5 running into a Roland RC-30 for looping, then into a massive AUX chain that most of the other instruments dip into on occasion. I'm also using a MIDInes and an mGB doubling each other for a cool out-of-phase effect, with the MGB in polyphonic mode.  The tape sample sounds (oboe and horn) are coming from a Super Genie organ fed into an Ableton Looper.  Each track was close to two hours at first, then I went back and cut down each section to the "meat" of it, losing the sloppy parts before and after transitions.

San Francisco

this is pretty. me gusta.

Enjoyable!

Dublin, Ireland

Great work.

Tape: ordered.

Yuma, AZ

Beautiful stuff, man. I'd love to grab a cassette when I get some $$. truly nice work

Philadelphia, PA
iNFOTOXIN wrote:

Great work.

Tape: ordered.

You are awesome!  Thanks so much, it's been shipped.
Sorry about the excessive shipping charges, Bandcamp only lets me have one shipping rate for anywhere outside of the US/Canada... despite the very large price difference in shipping costs between, say, the UK and China.