We have some cool gameboy color case new to the shop.
Check them out.

Presenting The Splat Boy!
My personal favorite

http://www.mutecityelectronics.com/product/splat-boy

Presenting The Spotty Boy!

http://www.mutecityelectronics.com/product/spotty-boy

Presenting The Trippy Boy!

http://www.mutecityelectronics.com/product/trippy-boy

The gameboy case are transparent and have been painted on the inside to give it a really nice effect, also to prevent damage.

We also just launched our custom gameboy serivce,
Heres one we did for Casion, Really great artist so check out his souncloud: http://soundcloud.com/casionmusic

http://www.mutecityelectronics.com/prod … oy-service

If you want your band name on a gameboy or any thing else just let us know you can email us here:
http://www.mutecityelectronics.com/contact

Or just leave a comment. big_smile

Last edited by Mute City Electronics (Nov 17, 2011 4:40 pm)

I like the "spotty boy" and the "trippy boy".

You appear to make quality reproductions as well. But I have to ask, did you get permission to sell reproductions of bio force ape? I know the guy that dumped it said he didn't want anyone making reproductions for profit.

TSSBAY01

of course not. very uncool.

Apeshit wrote:

I like the "spotty boy" and the "trippy boy".

You appear to make quality reproductions as well. But I have to ask, did you get permission to sell reproductions of bio force ape? I know the guy that dumped it said he didn't want anyone making reproductions for profit.

Thanks mans, Yeah im pretty happy the way they turned out.

I do indeed make quality reproductions but I don't have permission from the guy who dumped bio force ape, I wouldn't even know where to find him.
Well if it makes you feel better the only profit involved is to pay for my time, reproductions are very time consuming.
If your friend has a really problem he can concact me.

PDX
Mute City Electronics wrote:

If your friend has a really problem he can concact me.

Not cool. Should definitely get permission before doing this, otherwise you're just asking for a C&D.

A C&D? Sorry im unfamiliar with the term.

Well I just don't think it's that big a deal, Im not selling the ROM. Im selling my services to get the rom on the real hardware.
Any way I think if the guy who dumped the rom has a problem with this I would prefer if he talk to me himself.

matt's mind

i think the burden is on you to contact him.  the responsibility in this isn't on him to find you and inform you to abide by his terms.  thats very much backwards.  (if whats been stated above are the terms, of course).  the ROM being used within the hardware you are selling is an obvious problem, it doesn't really matter where on your balance sheet you are drawing profit from.  the point is that there *is* profit (and the ROM *is* concerned when its involvement is supposedly disallowed in such things).

if i've gotten the story correct about this ROM, there was a big investment put forward to acquire it and make it available to everyone, with the condition it not be used for profit.  http://lostlevels.org/bio-force-ape/

but, i'm not intimate with the story, i'm just taking people's word for it...

(you should have probably tried to contact all the people whose ROMs you are using, just out of courtesy and to thank them...  even if they're free to use)

PDX
Mute City Electronics wrote:

A C&D?

Cease and desist letter.

I agree with everything Kitsch said. I can see where you're coming from with the "it's not that big of a deal" outlook but you should always exercise common courtesy with things like that. Sure its likely you'll get away with it unscathed but you're still technically infringing. As a small business operator, it would be wise of you to always take the high road and play it safe to avoid potential issues and build a good reputation because what you're doing is unfortunately frowned upon.

Seems like you've got a good thing going, don't spoil it by fudging the rules here and there.

If I remember correctly, the guy spent $3700 (edit: $2700. Thanks Kitsch) on that cart and did us all a favor by releasing the rom for free.  While other people who have rare prototypes either don't release them, or sell their own reproductions to try to make the investment back.

I just did some searching, and he requested that all the profit from sales be donated to Red Cross. Not some, but all of the profit.

You should probably just stop selling them, since you couldn't even humble yourself to donate a portion of those NTRQ sales to cancer research upon Neil's wishes.

Last edited by Apeshit (Nov 18, 2011 9:39 pm)

matt's mind

2700USD, just for the point-of-fact (at the time, 250,000 yen)

slightly more than 2k monies wink

TSSBAY01
MuteCity DMG wrote:

I sell reproduction carts NOT roms!

the only profit involved is to pay for my time, reproductions are very time consuming.

when you sell 'reproduction carts' of roms that were released as 'not for profit' productions to begin with, im pretty sure that makes you a shithead 2kforever. you're charging people for games you did not create, code, or even seek permission to release or reproduce, or else someone else would probably be making this post. many of these games which were released for free have roms still available, which is why you have the roms in the first place.. its misleading and shady business ethics when you have so many fan produced games offered. theres others who do it too, but this thread isnt about them. your effort does not even come into play when you rip people's efforts off outright.

if you were being paid solely for your time, your prices would not be so high and as an example, compared to what you offer for trade-in donor carts, cmon guy, $1 for snow bros? get real! snow bros is an expensive cart-only game, but you offer $1 in trade to people? your whole affair is sketch central. and lets get completely real while were at it, you wouldnt even be doing it if it were a matter of it being solely for your time. you would be trying to build a rep first. im not about to let that happen unless its a bad one, because you know as well as i do your aim is to make bank off what you're doing and im calling that shit out.

id like to also note that its especially uncool for you to make carts of bio force ape when the people who bought the proto from yahoo japan are trying to release a production run of it themselves and are working out the logistics to make it happen, and theres only one thing holding up the process..well, one thing beyond you selling a reproduction of it yourself already.

im not gonna even touch base on anything beyond that because im not going to put ideas in your head about that game but i'll say this; the people who made that rom freely available so you can charge whatever you see fit to charge for it for your 'time' are the ones who invested the money, effort and a significant amount of time into it. not you. get what im saying? did you invest anything into it other than a bunch of hot air, talkin about 'reproductions are very time consuming'? sorry bub but thats you glazing over the real pressing issue, which is what you're doing is bitchmade.

that, along with all the other fan productions you're selling out your site is shitty practice and when you step on peoples toes who code, create, and make and turn it around for your own profit, well im gonna start callin it how i see it about this kind of stuff. im tired of it.

avoid mute city electronics.

It'd be wise to stop putting the official nintendo seal on the labels as well. Those are clearly custom made labels, so this is really unnecessary and perhaps even more illegal than anything else you have done here.

TSSBAY01

apparently this guy does shoddy work as well.

two friends have now told me that they've had to send carts back to this guy for repairs. not tryin to start shit or nothin, but when two seperate people tell me the virtually same story with 'fan translated' games they purchased and i say 'lemme guess the person you bought it from...mute city electronics?' and they say 'yes', well that speaks for itself.

im not tryin to smear this guy, but be warned beacuse beyond the his ethics, if he does bad soldering and assembly, well...

tempsoundsolutions wrote:

apparently this guy does shoddy work as well.

two friends have now told me that they've had to send carts back to this guy for repairs. not tryin to start shit or nothin, but when two seperate people tell me the virtually same story with 'fan translated' games they purchased and i say 'lemme guess the person you bought it from...mute city electronics?' and they say 'yes', well that speaks for itself.

im not tryin to smear this guy, but be warned beacuse beyond the his ethics, if he does bad soldering and assembly, well...

You are so full of shit! To start with there has only been repros on the site for 5 days now.

But to be fair we have sold a good few via email, I had one repair this YEAR and that was to replace a battery.

IL, US

Maybe he means glitchnes carts. I know my 0.1 just displays a grey screen at this point

PDX

From the looks of this thread you're already ankle deep (or deeper) in bad rep. I'd advise to display more appropriate conflict resolution skills than "You're full of shit". Basic PR, man.