Unsubscribe

Plus it makes a rad championship wrestler from the 80's belt buckle.

Washington / California

When I found the videos on your youtube from 2008 I was afraid this project was abandoned, glad to see it's not

Tokyo, Japan

Hmmmm, I wonder if I can make "fake" renoise channels with Midi CC commands to get a higher number of instruments per song?

- edit - my post clearly made no sense.

Last edited by Lazerbeat (Mar 10, 2012 1:52 am)

that would be awesome, prehaps even a way rewrite or have userbaks for there own instruments sent to the cart via usb/midi?

Tokyo, Japan

I think that would be on the list of awesome ideas, but not for the forseeable future list.

Rhode Island

ugh, can we stop posting to this thread until this comes out??! What a dick tease

Sweeeeeeden
2PLAYER wrote:

ugh, can we stop posting to this thread until this comes out??! What a dick tease

*rubs 2PLAYER's hard, long MIDI cable slowly but firmly*

Tokyo, Japan

You will all thank me when this goes public!

Rhode Island

at least buy me a drink first nitro

Tokyo, Japan

Sweeeeeeet renoise just fixed an annoying midi bug with 2.8 RC2 which makes the midi inderface much easier to use.

Tokyo, Japan

Another useful hint, renoise users can KIND OF save "patches"

1 - switch to mixer view
2 - right click the channel which has the "patch" you want to save
3 - chose device chain -> save as whatever.xrnt

Open a new renoise song hooked up to the little-scale midi interface

1 - switch to mixer view
2 - right click
3 - choose "device chain" -> load
4 - IMPORTANT - click in the channel strip you just loaded the device into, double click the "linked instrument" number
5 - Enter 99, then enter 03 (or whatever channel strip it was)

What you are actually doing is kind of hacky. It is mainly used to store chains of FX like, reverb into compressor into maximser BUT it saves all the settings so we can exploit this to save a single instrument which happens to contain all our midi CC data for our patch!

Thanks and hand jobs to Abortifacient for working out that the linked instrument number will get renoise to recognize new midi "patches"

Sydney AUS
Lazerbeat wrote:

...saves all the settings so we can exploit this to save a single instrument which happens to contain all our midi CC data for our patch!

Thanks and hand jobs to Abortifacient for working out that the linked instrument number will get renoise to recognize new midi "patches"

I instictively backup all my patches from years of Ableton corrupting and crashing my soft synths! I'm loving all the new features in Renoise 2.8.

I am finding that I have to hit the instrument number refresh regularly, about once an hour, on any channel. And the MD has crashed a couple of times, and has got stuck in a brown noise feedback loop. But I am pushing OP levels to max on all channels, and tracking multiple CV values simultaneously, so I wouldn't be suprised if it's my abusive workflow. big_smile

Tokyo, Japan

Dude, i wanna hear your tracks!

i wanan see this piece in action

Adelaide, Australia

Glad to see other people using Renoise with the MD MIDI. I messed around with it a bit about a year ago but I found Renoise's handling of MIDI CCs to be appalling. Hopefully when I one day get to play with this again I'll have more joy with Renoise.

Looking forward to hearing your tracks, guys! smile

Tokyo, Japan

Did you do Today with renoise?