Jelly Stone park, MD USA
TylerBarnes wrote:
yogi wrote:

MidiNES which is being sold on EBay by a seller that seems to have a limitless supply.

I've noticed this as well. sykdeity is the user. Looking through his positive reviews and the completed listings there are dozons of Midines listings.

Indeed. I suppose there isn't much of a difference between this and a business that goes through bankruptcy, someone ends up getting shafted and others get to start over.
Yogi

Nottingham, UK

Btw, I  was one of the lucky guys who received mine from the first batch. I keep it in the package it came in. The postage to where I live in the UK is marked as $10.20 Australian.

Chicago IL
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

Btw, I  was one of the lucky guys who received mine from the first batch. I keep it in the package it came in. The postage to where I live in the UK is marked as $10.20 Australian.

oh cool

Glasgow

It's fair enough if he can't manage it anymore but he could at least release the software/firmware if someone else wants to run with it.
More than a few of us are handy with a soldering iron.

Last edited by Arricat (Jan 27, 2015 2:19 pm)

Australia

I just noticed he linked this thread on his website. Odd. I thought I saw the firmware available somewhere, not the ROM just the Teensy hex?

Australia

As the construction of the teensy and the game port interface is well within the limits of the average DIY'er and hobbiest, what would be the general consensus of reproducing the cart PCB+ROM and selling these AT COST PRICE to those that paid for and never received their GenMDM?

I understand that the ROM is little-scales' and this could be considered infringing copyright - Morally I feel those that paid for the product (Including the ROM) are entitled to receive it, if not a refund. Clearly refund is not an option here.

These would only be available to the customers that can prove their original purchase, and as I said earlier strictly cost price. This is not to make me money, more of a charity from someone who has the time, experience, equipment and expertise to do this.

If you think this is a bad idea, please voice your opinion and this will be the first and last time I'll mention it.

Ball park figure is USD$5 per blank PCB ($9 if gold plating is required) and $6 for the two programmed Flash IC's. Shipping worldwide would be ~AUD$3.80

SLC, UT

If littlescale is against it, at least he'll have to come out of hiding to voice it.

Dallas, Texas

You'd have to get you hands on the rom first though. And just by not releasing that rom shows a clear statement of keeping any outside parties from manufacturing his carts. I guess getting these only to people that have paid for them will be tricky cause people will just say "Oh I didn't receive mine, let me have one of those too"

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Jan 28, 2015 5:29 pm)

SLC, UT
TylerBarnes wrote:

I guess getting these only to people that have paid for them will be tricky cause people will just say "Oh I didn't receive mine, let me have one of those too"

Not really, I think it would be very similar to an LSDJ proof of license. Unless you're talking more about someone that paid for one, received it, and wants to buy another one for cheap. Even in that case, I feel like the amount of people that didn't get what they paid for and would like one outweigh the amount of people that received one.

It's a dilemma for me though. Two wrongs don't make a right, but it seems like a huge wrong justifies a smaller one.

Geneva, NY

Hello, moderator/administrator BLEO here. I'm not weighing in on any of this, but due to precedents, forum rules and all that stuff... please halt discussion of ripping the ROM here. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here. Thanks, dudes.

Australia

Apologies, the feedback I have received clearly indicates this was poor judgement on my part, and does in fact breach the forum rules. As such I won’t be perusing this project further.

Ben

Dallas, Texas

In other news. Who is mmmprpl on ebay? is this you DSC? and could this be kindly explained to how you/they have such a large supply of them?

It's looking an awful lot like what wayfar(sykdeity) is doing.

france

Please, little scale, go home with us, we are here and we'd like to see you again.
You are one the guy which give me hope on the chipmusic side.
No problem if you don't finish this.
But please, don't let us alone.... please... go home !!!

Last edited by yoyz2k (Jan 29, 2015 12:09 am)

matt's mind
TylerBarnes wrote:

In other news. Who is mmmprpl on ebay? is this you DSC? and could this be kindly explained to how you/they have such a large supply of them?

It's looking an awful lot like what wayfar(sykdeity) is doing.

says mmmprpl is in Denver, highly doubt little-scale and mmmprpl are the same guy or else seb please do a blog post on that max patch!  tongue  super sonic travelling

(i'm assuming wayfar/skydeity are presumed to be the same person)

Dallas, Texas
kitsch wrote:

(i'm assuming wayfar/skydeity are presumed to be the same person)

Well it isn't 100% confirmed but this user has dozons of completed midiNES listings on ebay with region unlocked chips (rev 1.1.1), and has a seemingly endless supply of them. I'm convinced its wafar.

I didn't think to check the location of the seller mmmprpl. Still though that's a lot of genMDMs. It just raised a red flag in my mind from the similarities.

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Jan 29, 2015 1:29 am)

matt's mind

it is a whole lot, no doubt!, if you go back and read the feedback left by others, GENMDM sales began in October.  now that you pointed it out, its a little weird to have that many on-hand.   would have never noticed... but now that i have its intriguing haha

perhaps they just bought 10 or so from the initial batch?  good investment, foresight i suppose!  or just a very lucky sega fan lol tongue

hopefully nothing nefarious smile  can only speculate i guess, but it'd be interesting to keep an eye on the seller and see whats up.  (maybe they are the reason there are none for anyone else lol...  they bought them all looks like)