Fargo

I'm an audio engineer certified up to Pro Tools 9 and am looking for a song to mix to keep up my chops.  I'm offering to mix a song for someone at no charge under the following conditions.

1) If the song is released, you give me credit for mixing it.
2) You are able to get me individual recorded tracks, not a whole song file.  So lead, bass, kick, etc.  I realize that due to having limited channels, many of you probably share channels for multiple instruments.  Not a problem.  I just want all the channels separately then. 
3) If you like it, spread the word!

I probably won't do too many as I've got other things going on, so I'm probably not going to mix a whole album for free.  Emphasis on the word free.  If you want to pay me, I'll make time smile  I'd prefer to mix for somebody not yet established as a musician and trying to make a name for themselves in the chip community.  I'll choose which one I'll do based on my interest in the track.  Just a disclaimer:  I have no intention of stealing or releasing anyone's music as my own (if you were worried about that).  I am perfectly capable of making my own tunes, I just have more motivation to do some mixing than to write at the moment.  Send me a message if you're interested!

Sydney, NSW

I'm having trouble mixing one of my tracks (I assume this is for chipmusic, yeah?), I'll get back to you in a day or so!

Fargo
Chainsaw Police wrote:

I'm having trouble mixing one of my tracks (I assume this is for chipmusic, yeah?), I'll get back to you in a day or so!

Yessir!  If you want, let me see what you've got and tell me what you're trying to accomplish, and I'll see what I can do for ya!

Retired

I have a non-chip song ready, and I would like if someone else could mix it, mostly to see if I'm doing a good job. I don't know if i'm gonna release it.
The song is kinda hiphop/glitch hop. I can let you hear my mix and if you like the song maybe you could give it a try. (I would provide you with dry tracks) If you're looking just for chip... well forget this smile.

Post processing chipmusic

Fucking poseurs.

Fargo
??? wrote:

I have a non-chip song ready, and I would like if someone else could mix it, mostly to see if I'm doing a good job. I don't know if i'm gonna release it.
The song is kinda hiphop/glitch hop. I can let you hear my mix and if you like the song maybe you could give it a try. (I would provide you with dry tracks) If you're looking just for chip... well forget this smile.

My original thought was chip related music, but I suppose I could give it a listen.  Send me a message or something and we'll figure something out. smile

Lexington, KY
Heosphoros wrote:

Fucking poseurs.

It's a constant inner battle, man.
To be hardcore or to sound decent? Hrmm....

Fargo
Heosphoros wrote:

Fucking poseurs.

I feel kind of like paraphrasing the Simpsons here.  Why did you come here just to boo us?  A lot of people do this.  Effects and EQ can be used to add a cool edge to your music or even just to clean it up.  I understand some people are purists and want their music to sound super lo fi.  I get that, but, to me, it sounds a bit thin.  I'm a fan of using what tools I have and combining them to create a cool sounding final product.  I don't think that, when creating chip music, you have to incorporate only vintage gaming gear.  If you do, that's cool.  I guess this just isn't the thread for you.

Gosford, Australia

He's probably just dicking around with you, man.

Chicago IL

oh man, is someone saying something negative on the internet? better write a full paragraph response so he respects your point of view.

Babylon, NY
Saskrotch wrote:

oh man, is someone saying something negative on the internet? better write a full paragraph response so he respects your point of view.

Make sure to inject a whole lot of care while you're at it. What I mean to say is where is the like button.

Fargo

Lol, sorry.  Jeez. tongue

Last edited by Krubbz (Jan 11, 2012 3:18 am)