Philly, PA, USA

So, recently I upgraded from 3.9.9 to 4.0.3 and when i did so, some of the noise channel effects (like in my song i have up here) i had going got messed up and just sounded wrong.
I'm able to pretty much duplicate what I had had, but the same table/instrument settings as in 3.9.9 produce entirely different sounds in 4.0.3.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Does anyone know why this happens?

I assume that the way the noise channel operates has changed. I'd check the changelog to see if it's addressed there. This happened to me from 3.7.5 to 3.9.e.

Plano, TX

Yes, the transpose table for noise instruments changed behavior in 3.9.e.

LSDJ Change Log wrote:

* make noise table transposes relative to the instrument shape, instead of relative to the current shape (as is with S command). (thx nitro2k01)

You can fix this by copying your transpose values to a column of S commands.

Last edited by PixyJunket (Feb 10, 2010 5:10 pm)

Philly, PA, USA

whoa, that's a bit too intense for me to understand, but i think i understood the last bit.

Plano, TX

Basically, pre 3.9.e the S command and the transpose in tables acted identically, they would both add the value to the current shape. If your default shape is AA, a transpose of 11 or an S11 would change the shape to BB. The next one would change it to CC, etc. NOW, this is only how the S command works. If you have have multiple 11s in the transpose column now, it'll simply keep changing the shape to BB in the above example.

Hope I explained it correctly (and easy to understand, heh).

Now for anyone that wants to know how to fix this from a past version, here's an example.

TSP CMD
 11 -00
 62 -00
 00 -00
 03 -00

Change THAT to THIS:

TSP CMD
 00 S11
 00 S62
 00 S00
 00 S03

Easy peasy.