Oliver, any idea when the next batch is coming in? I want two ASAP smile

Detroit, Michigan

I also would like one tongue haha just got nanoloop 2.3

(oops)

Last edited by fluxer (Aug 14, 2012 8:03 pm)

Tokyo, Japan

I'm getting the "no input ports available" error too.

Using the hardware growl tool like pixls mentioned, it shows that a "Simple HID Device Demo" was connected, but when running the program, I get the above error. Any ideas..?

You have the USB-adaptor, not the USB-MIDI-adapor, which requires a different software. Software and more info can be found at http://www.nanoloop.com/usb.

Tokyo, Japan

I thought it looked different. I'll give it another go when I get home. Thanks Oliver!

Tokyo, Japan

Sorry to go on about this but I am still having problems even with the right adapter now. It all looks great up until the checksum data appears. The numbers on the right are the same, the track's name is in the top of the screen, but when i press A+B to save it, nothing happens... any idea why?

Easton, PA, USA

from oliver: > The freeze while saving can happen after an incomplete data transfer. You can force nanoloop to re-sort data by keeping START pressed on startup until two numbers appear below the "nanoloop" logo. The numbers should count up quickly and after a few seconds, the sequencer should appear.
>

Tokyo, Japan

Thanks for the info but that didn't work actually. Still, I managed to figure it out for myself in the end!

Easton, PA, USA

cool. how'd you manage? for future sufferers searching the forums

Tokyo, Japan

Well I was only trying to send tracks from my computer to the cart itself. And not with the midi-USB adapter, just the USB adapter. I think I basically had to update nanloop to 2.5.1 for it to work (it was only 2.5 prior to that). Also, the data would not go onto my 2.6.0 cart for some reason.

Easton, PA, USA

that's weird. maybe the saves are different for 2.6, released after the midi-adaptor?

Los Angeles

I had the same problem but went back to ver. 2.54 and use the original nlusb program and all is well.

Hello,

I've got a nanoloop 2.0.1 cart and just recently purchased the USB/MIDI adaptor as I'm trying to update to 2.6.

I'm running Mac OS 10.6.8 and I'm not a complete stranger to Terminal but I'm mostly limited to running the easy "sudo periodic weekly" type commands.

I hate to be "that guy" because really, I'm usually resourceful and good at figuring this kind of thing out, but I am NOT a programmer and I don't know code and command line stuff. Could someone tell me a step by step process, like you'd tell a 10 year old how to do this. I haven't had much luck aside from Terminal telling me:

"nanoloop MIDI adaptor found

nanoloop MIDI adaptor found

useage:
nlmidi01 -parameter filename

available parameters:

-send filename
-receive filename
-sync
-midi
-midireceive

-MIDI, -MIDIRECEIVE and -SYNC (in caps) sets the respective mode as default

It is recommended to use suffixes '.nl1' and '.nl2' for nanoloop 1.6 and nanoloop 2.5 files."

Even if the cable is not compatible, I still can't seem to even run the command line properly, as I get "-bash file not found" messages and all sorts of bizarre and frustrating messages that I can't interpret.

Also, I'm not sure if this is the incompatible GBA multiplayer cable, but this is what I've got: AGB-005 http://www.nindb.net/img/system/gba-game-link-cable.png

Some guidance would sure be appreciated. Thanks.

Freiburg, Germany

make sure you've changed the working directory to where the executable and the .dylib is using cd (if you're unsure if you're there, run "pwd" to check). To run it from within the directory you have to prepend "./" or else bash will try and look for it in any of the paths defined in $PATH. So your command should be "./nlmidi02" assuming you've downloaded the most recent version.

I've recently written down a step by step set of instructions for Mac OS 10.6 and newer here:
http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/144999/#p144999

Last edited by lastfuture (Dec 6, 2012 2:54 am)

IL, US

i didnt think 2.01-2.1 can be updated to newer versions since the cart hardware was different