How do you lot go about this then?

Least noise most bass....... big_smile

Pro sound. Done.

Philly, PA, USA

yeah, prosound mod out to mic in on computer, i use logic, but anything would work
if you wanna be fancy record the diff tracks separately and then mix

England

through a mixer, with some eq. ive never used a prosound. keep it pure.

Germany, near Berlin

yes... DMG + line out mod (= "pro sound"), and a decent audio interface or recording device (i use an M-Audio Microtrack 2496).

philly

i think little-scale would agree w/ me that modding it is not necessary... and if you're talking about keeping it pure you should probably not EQ it... if you do decide to EQ i think it should be after recording - not while...  but what do i know - if you're a weird dude who thinks the gameboy should have come w/ a prosound mod already on it in 1989 maybe you disagree w/ me wink

Unsubscribe

dmgs dont really need prosounds, at least not for the first 8 years of the handheld music craze big_smile

Don't record into the mic input. It is bad quality and is wrong.

Gurnee, Illinois
aphasia wrote:

then how should you record?

Last edited by SprinklesOverIdaho (Feb 7, 2010 5:06 am)

Ontario, Canada
SprinklesOverIdaho wrote:
aphasia wrote:

then how should you record?

line in

Seattle, WA

line in to garage band

London, UK

I prefer prosound, it's clean and loud enough you don't have to boost the gain reducing quality. I record through a sound interface into ableton live and apply different eq/fx depending on what style of music i'm making.

Tacoma WA
mk wrote:

How do you lot go about this then?

Least noise most bass....... big_smile

never bothered with a prosound.

use a good recording interface.  i have a presonus firebox i'm pretty happy with.

i record though my mixer and eq lightly. 

use a good program to record.  audacity is ok but i prefer reaper, after mucking about with both of them i felt that reaper did a better job recording.

most importantly get your levels right!!

do several tests recordings and adjust your levels till you get it right.  then record.

East Kilbride, Scotland

I think that a lot of people are underestimating the usefulness of the line out mod. Its usefulness depends on what style of music that you are writing, if you have a lot of periods of silence in your songs, the difference is pretty noticeable in my opinion.

Tacoma WA
Sycamore Drive wrote:

I think that a lot of people are underestimating the usefulness of the line out mod. Its usefulness depends on what style of music that you are writing, if you have a lot of periods of silence in your songs, the difference is pretty noticeable in my opinion.

i have a noise gate i use if there is going to be any silence in my stuff.   

different methods same effect cool