Krubbz wrote:

I really didn't want to watch it, very strange fellow. Very talented though!

Okay so I just sort of impulse-bought the newest JJOS2XL, time to start brushing up on that manual again! Anyone else here use it?

Joliette, QC, Canada

I do !!! I LOVE it...so awesome !!!
If you we're used to akai os interface, you should get it in no time
the Chord and Arpeggio addition really make a really great sequencer for midi stuffs
and you can use a slider to make fx to 1 track instead of just 1 sample is just so much fun !!!

Last edited by XyNo (Apr 17, 2012 1:16 am)

XyNo wrote:

I do !!! I LOVE it...so awesome !!!
If you we're used to akai os interface, you should get it in no time
the Chord and Arpeggio addition really make a really great sequencer for midi stuffs
and you can use a slider to make fx to 1 track instead of just 1 sample is just so much fun !!!

Where'd you learn your tricks??? I'm slowly working through the manual right now, it's a doozy :X

Joliette, QC, Canada

I just played a lot with it and experimenting some stuffs !
and check out the JJOS manual...helps a lot !!! (way more than the mpc manual !)
http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/os2xl/manual_3e.htm
check some mpc forums, download and/or make a lot of samples, trim your stuffs and play a lot of drumpads without the full level (arrange your pads sensitivity) maybe it will be tough at first but you will get a lot of skills and a better sounds imo if you hang on !
these are my advices !

Finland

It really pisses me off that 500 pads arent sensitive at all, at the moment theres no use for velocity. Maybe I gotta bang them for another year:P

Joliette, QC, Canada
DKSTR wrote:

It really pisses me off that 500 pads arent sensitive at all, at the moment theres no use for velocity. Maybe I gotta bang them for another year:P

I know how you feel ! I played with a 500 some time ago...Pads are so stiff ! sad
Once you go to the 1000(and JJOS) you don't go back ! wink

Sydney, NSW
XyNo wrote:
DKSTR wrote:

I know how you feel ! I played with a 500 some time ago...Pads are so stiff ! sad

Yeahhh, I was looking at the 500, but after hearing only negatives from you, zazi and some others, I think I'm either gonna go for a MAschine Mikro or save up for an MPC1000. Thanks for the unintended help!

Joliette, QC, Canada
Chainsaw Police wrote:
XyNo wrote:

Yeahhh, I was looking at the 500, but after hearing only negatives from you, zazi and some others, I think I'm either gonna go for a MAschine Mikro or save up for an MPC1000. Thanks for the unintended help!

I don't trust modern PCs when I'm on stage...I suggest you to save up for a 1000 and boost that shit up ! wink
Ps : Maschine is really great too !!!

Finland
Chainsaw Police wrote:
XyNo wrote:

Well its not that bad, you can always turn the velo off like I do and just set the volumes right, I like to work that way with drums and most of my gear (2xanalog synths and mGB every now and then) dont even recognize velocity so there goes that smile

But yeah I really really want a 1000 too but without job its not gonna happen anytime soon tongue