Armidale NSW Australia :D

im probably going to spend a couple of months on the next EP so that will be a lot better so be prepared for some more brick-core

PH

haha

StarKnives wrote:

haha

Did you like the EP? i saw your comment on my sound cloud lol

PH

add some Bass kick or bass line  wink on it

On Where?
The next EP??

Last edited by square0ne (Apr 3, 2012 6:18 am)

ad-hell-aide

what is a brick core?

If you go onto here http://gameboyaustralia.com/  and scroll down a bit till you see my EP 10k gives a pretty good definition

but basically its chiptune mixed with a lot of other genres kind of like a compilation of genres often using speedcore and usually filled to the brim with random and pointless samples
hope that helped smile

Edit: 10ks definition: There is plenty of lo-fi grit, gabber kicks and random samples. Give it a gander.

Last edited by square0ne (Apr 3, 2012 6:31 am)

ad-hell-aide

cooly, thanks

little-scale wrote:

cooly, thanks

Dont mention it smile

Victory Road wrote:

Hah, awesome. Now somebody needs to sample George the speaking clock.

Some of these songs sound like only half of the song, if you catch my drift? Also everything sounds like, phase inverted or something? I dunno what that is. Anyway keep it up bro!

on the next EP perhaps?

New Download Link smile http://iwishicouldcomeupwithabettername … -tested-ep

Fargo

Could use some work.  Play around with whichever program you're using, utilize the helpful threads on this site to arm you with new tools and new way to develop your own instruments/make the most of the limits of this medium of making music.  You'll learn love them actually.  Working within certain limits and finding new ways to do things is a lot of the appeal of this style to me.  Might I suggest starting on LSDJ's site or some such place (there are a lot of tutorials).  Once you've got the hang of things, read Roboctopus' guides on Noisechannel.org.  They're really great tools for the intermediate to advanced user.  And listen to lots of different music.  Even use a reference track while you're writing to try to emulate some things you like.  Remember, to make good music, or anything else for that matter, it takes time.  Don't rush things.  Sit on them a while or come back to them.  Keep it up.

Krubbz wrote:

Could use some work.  Play around with whichever program you're using, utilize the helpful threads on this site to arm you with new tools and new way to develop your own instruments/make the most of the limits of this medium of making music.  You'll learn love them actually.  Working within certain limits and finding new ways to do things is a lot of the appeal of this style to me.  Might I suggest starting on LSDJ's site or some such place (there are a lot of tutorials).  Once you've got the hang of things, read Roboctopus' guides on Noisechannel.org.  They're really great tools for the intermediate to advanced user.  And listen to lots of different music.  Even use a reference track while you're writing to try to emulate some things you like.  Remember, to make good music, or anything else for that matter, it takes time.  Don't rush things.  Sit on them a while or come back to them.  Keep it up.

Thanks the next EP coming in 2 or 3 months (most likely 3) will be much better smile

Thanks for the good advice

Last edited by square0ne (Apr 5, 2012 10:49 pm)

Florida

I'm still a little lost. I start feeling bad that dudes are being kind of mean, but then I see "Brickcore" and start doubting your legitimacy. You SURE you're not trolling?

Jay Tholen wrote:

I'm still a little lost. I start feeling bad that dudes are being kind of mean, but then I see "Brickcore" and start doubting your legitimacy. You SURE you're not trolling?

Nope Brickcore is a real genre just this album isn't that good

All will be improved for the next album

Edit: theres only about 2 or 3 people trolling anyway.

Last edited by square0ne (Apr 5, 2012 11:08 pm)

You just have to think of it as some experimental #$*%U#