Hello everybody! I'm new here and have been making chip music for a while now but dont know the first thing about recording. I have a male to male cable but when i record it sound like an explosion when the noise channel kicks in. is there like a high quality chord or do i need a pro sound mod?

California

Try turning down the volume of your noise channel instruments first. Then try turning down the volume of your Gameboy to see if you can find a comfortable level for recording. You don't need a high quality cord and you don't need a pro sound mod unless you're using a Color.

If you're going straight to the line-in on your computer, I believe the quality of the audio you record can depend on the quality of your soundcard. I remember on my old piece-a'-crap laptop I would record line-in and it sounded like shit. If you've got a pretty good soundcard and it still sounds crappy going line-in, you might want to think of investing in a USB Audio Interface plus maybe a small mixer and recording through that.

Also, are you using a stereo male-to-male cable?

Last edited by VCMG (Apr 7, 2012 6:28 pm)

If you can't figure it out you can send me the savs and I'll record it for you smile

oh wow i have no idea what sound card i have or if my male to male is stereo or not, i will look in to the USB audio interface and stuff. thanks alot, i dont know computers i just know gameboys lol

California

You can tell if it's stereo or mono by the number of rings on the metal. If there's 2 rings it's stereo, 1 ring is mono.

i tried lowering the volume and it worked! Thanks a lot!