VA
xombiexplox wrote:

Is there any reason why some people choose to use DJ mixers and some don't? Obv. the DJ mixers have the 2-channel limit, but is there any other benefits to having one over the other for live chipmusic?
:]

Mostly just for the FX.

orange county, CA
DJ CATS wrote:
xombiexplox wrote:

Is there any reason why some people choose to use DJ mixers and some don't? Obv. the DJ mixers have the 2-channel limit, but is there any other benefits to having one over the other for live chipmusic?

Mostly just for the FX.

^^^ yesss. Hahaha.

brooklyn!
xombiexplox wrote:

i use it for the ease of mixing two game boys live, it makes it way easier to bring one in/out than with a standard stage mixer. and as other have stated, effects are fresh as fuck. it's also not necessarily a 2-channel limit; the behringer i'm using now is 3 channels, and they make the same model with up to 4, not to mention the awesome 4-channel pioneer mixers (but who wants to drop 1500 bucks for chiptune?).
anyways, the point is that it depends on your setup and how you perform, but there's no immediate advantage of one over the other.

Tacoma, WA
VCMG wrote:

I use a Behringer 802. It's not the best thing ever, but it's good for the price.

YES!... I was lucky enough to pick one of these up very early in the fall when they were offering a summer discount... it only ended up costing me like $64...

I just checked the website and, according to the site, they are still doing the summer savings event...

Last edited by Vellain (Apr 10, 2012 6:21 pm)

Slovakia / European Union

@xombiexplox

Hmm I use AMERICAN AUDIO mixer...
http://www.adjaudio.com/ProductDetails. … ory=Mixers

DJ mixers are small, portable and you can use it on live stage for DJing... That is the only reason.
You can use software mixers or studio mixers for serious studio mastering... It only depends how much money you want
spend into your studio equipment.

I am happy with my DJ mixer and build in mixers in this software I use -> REAPER (DAW) / RENOISE  (TRACKER)

BTW - You use Gameboys??? Or PC chiptrackers??? Or?

Last edited by Tinctu (Apr 10, 2012 7:04 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

Mackie Onyx 820i
Denon DNX-120 (Although probably going to switch to a Xone:22 or Ecler Nuo 2.0 soon)

Godzilladelph

No input mixing/synthesis is fun

I have a Numark DXM06. Would it be possible to combine it with something like a Behringer 802 to hook up 4 gameboys? I don't want to keep swapping between DMG pairs.

BK
likeluke wrote:

was using an audio innovate djm-100, but recently gave up the ghost. really enjoyed the effects layout on it too sad

now using a behringer nox-303; not the best, but neat little mixer for the money

NNOOOO that audio innovate was gorgeous. that's a shame, man.

I'm using a Behringer Xenyx 802 recently. Used to use an alesis multimix 6 but i lost the power cable so that's just gathering dust atm. Also had a mackie dfx6 but I donated that to Pulsewave to make things run a little more smoothly.

IL, US

Mackie onyx820i and mackie 1202vlz3

LEM Baby mixer.

It's from the 70's. So that's cool. It was supposed to be a sort of portable stage mixer. Thing weights a ton tongue
But, it does have built in tape echo.

Not very useful in a live setup tho...

Godzilladelph
DataFix wrote:
DJ CATS wrote:

Mostly just for the FX.

^^^ yesss. Hahaha.

I use a dj mixer because when i perform live, among other things I like to tweak faders to add some rhythmic effects.
Also, because i like to, ya know, mix things live.

Germany/Florida
xombiexplox wrote:

^^Well, I sometimes do this with 2 gameboys, and just manually sync them. But most of the time I use my Xenyx 802 and just go from there

Tokyo, Japan

Mackie 1202 vlz robust as hell and awesome!

Melbourne, Australia
xombiexplox wrote:

Obv. the DJ mixers have the 2-channel limit...

celsius wrote:
xombiexplox wrote:

Obv. the DJ mixers have the 2-channel limit...

How....how much???
:3