.FILTHadelphia

Gemini PS-424x

It's iPod friendly for "Once We Were Robots" sessions.

Global Operator

studio - soundcraft, since 1996
live - vestax or mackie, since 1997

e.s.c. wrote:

Mackie onyx820i and mackie 1202vlz3

How is that 1202vlz3?? Thing looks like a BEAST

Unsubscribe

i have the 802 it is AWESOME

Czech republic

I have this small battery powered Roland:

but I think I'll be getting one of these (Behringer 1002B):

edit: yes, I like faders

Last edited by ashimoke (Apr 11, 2012 8:03 pm)

IL, US

Like Herr says, the vlz series is great.. built like a tank, clear sound, virtually noiseless

Finland

For 1 sequencer and 2 synths, works like a charm.

Unsubscribe
e.s.c. wrote:

Like Herr says, the vlz series is great.. built like a tank, clear sound, virtually noiseless

Right now I could use an extra channel though big_smile

ashimoke wrote:

I have this small battery powered Roland:

That thing is so cute

Melbourne, Australia

It might actually help people make a recommendation (rather than have everyone fan boy on about how much they love their preferred brand of mixer) if you tell us what you intend to use a mixer for...

What gear do you want to run though it? In what setting will you use it primarily (studio, performance, ultra portable)? Do you want/need effects and why? What is your budget?

celsius wrote:

It might actually help people make a recommendation (rather than have everyone fan boy on about how much they love their preferred brand of mixer) if you tell us what you intend to use a mixer for...

What gear do you want to run though it? In what setting will you use it primarily (studio, performance, ultra portable)? Do you want/need effects and why? What is your budget?

Good point. Sorry!

I want to use it live and for recording. Doesn't need to be ultra portable though. I would like some simple effects, it seems like a DJM 400 has some pretty neat ones! But not enough connections. I'm looking for something I can connect at least one DMG and two mono synths. I do have additional hardware I'd like to switch in between, so maybe a DJM 400 as well as an additional mixer? Idk. Budget is around $400-500.

I'm sorry, I'm just so afraid to ask questions in a public forum I guess.

IL, US

well, im sure you can find something you like for well less than $400...
if you don't need a crossfader, mackie has a nice little one with built in effects, the ProFX8
edit: according to the reviews, just skip using the usb functions of it or get good at noise reduction

Last edited by e.s.c. (Apr 12, 2012 2:26 am)

e.s.c. wrote:

if you don't need a crossfader, mackie has a nice little one with built in effects, the ProFX8

Oooh, that one seems pretty awesome! If I can get one for around that price, would I be better off getting separate effects pedals? I think what I'd dig the most is some delay, and the DJM 400 has this beat-matching sampling thing, where I saw a guy play some music through it and it sounded like it was stuttering! Sorry if I'm naive, but I thought it was awesome. I'd like to play with that sort of effect smile

ultraturducken wrote:

two gameboys via line-in
two laptops via usb
$50 used online
small footprint
sounds amazing

used to have:
mackie 402-vlz3 (amazing)
behringer xenyx 502 (usable)
yamaha mg102c (incredible)
numark m6 (way too big)

Man, I got an M3 right now and it is the WORST. It really sounds like garbage and the crossfader spits out static. The Numark name is tainted for me. Is it really that awesome?

Also, I keep seeing Mackie 1402 vlz3's everywhere, but I think 14 channels is too much.

Melbourne, Australia

IMO the Pioneer DJ mixers have garbage pre amps. I'd steer clear of them if you intend to both record and gig with one mixer. If a cross fader isn't absolutely essential to your setup I'd go with what people are suggesting and get a small Mackie desk or something similar.

Melbourne, Australia

Also, I've never used anything by Numark that'd I'd ever recommend.

Tokyo, Japan
e.s.c. wrote:

edit: according to the reviews, just skip using the usb functions of it or get good at noise reduction

You know, I was allways a bit surprised that the proFX had faders rather than knobs. It looks like it is intended to be fairly portable.