philly

This is a pretty fun video I recently stumbled across. smile

Planet Zaxxon

haha.... nice!

A gray world of dread

The MI theme was etched on Adlib into my brain. I still much prefer the OPL versions of games of that era, even if they had native MT32 support. Nice vid, thanks!

Slovakia / European Union

Cool video. Thank you for sharing...

New York City

Oh! Thanks for this video!
Expands on what we were discussing in the SAM Coupe thread... From all those I preffer the Game Blaster one, which apparently is two SAA 1099 chips, that's 12 voices of PSG for your entertainment motherfuckers! big_smile

Also sold as "Creative Music System" (C/MS). I want one.

This is such an amazing tune, it sounds incredible in all versions! My favourite is the sample based, TFMX version for Amiga though.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Feb 10, 2010 12:26 pm)

Central-ish VA

This thread makes me sad that I never grew up with any of this wonderful stuff.  Us young people never saw the good ol' days.

Sweden

The problem with modern sound cards is that they are way too small. I'm with µB, too; the adlib version is THE version smile. Amiga version is not bad, though.

))<>((

That's really quite cool.

astral cat

i honestly think the chip versions sound so much better, i actually like the PC speaker one the best i think, then the adlib

philly
akira^8GB wrote:

Oh! Thanks for this video!
Expands on what we were discussing in the SAM Coupe thread... From all those I preffer the Game Blaster one, which apparently is two SAA 1099 chips, that's 12 voices of PSG for your entertainment motherfuckers! big_smile

Also sold as "Creative Music System" (C/MS). I want one.

This is such an amazing tune, it sounds incredible in all versions! My favourite is the sample based, TFMX version for Amiga though.

Absolutely! I grew up with the Amiga version.

This weekend I think I'll do an NES version, perhaps as a video response. A sort of 'what if'... smile