╱╲╱╲╱╲╱
me wrote:

..the buttons the embedded browser has don't work.

Found out that buttons work actually, but their hitbox is moved up a little bit. So, to press a button you should press above it.
Occurs only if launched in fullscreen. However, if I restart the application (in fullscreen again) it disappears. Also, disappears if I turn fulscreen off and resize the window.

(v 1.6.0. 20150318, not the nightly build)

UPD: It happens to ALL buttons the program has.

Last edited by bitwise (Mar 30, 2015 8:05 am)

Montreal, Canada
kometbomb wrote:

Knock on wood. I think the only remaining problem is that screen of blackness

Don't kid yourself. Clicking on Wavegen now crashes the application.

tongue

Found out that buttons work actually, but their hitbox is moved up a little bit. So, to press a button you should press above it.

Thanks this helps a lot. Created an issue for this. The dialog works quite wonkily if you resize the application window while not in the main view so not all resize events are caught.

Don't kid yourself. Clicking on Wavegen now crashes the application.

Well, at least it is consistently happening here as well. Still: FUCK.

Turns out I had just compiled the nightly so part of it thought MIDI was still there... I'm kinda bummed because I thought that crash would lead into some real problem that causes all kinds of trouble.

Edit: Fixed that button placement bug.

Edit: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/119 … -win32.zip

Last edited by kometbomb (Mar 30, 2015 6:00 pm)

I rewrote some of the window resizing code which might have caused that black window problem. I can only test it myself tomorrow at work but here's the fixed build: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/119 … -win32.zip

Montreal, Canada

Still goes black when i min/max the window from the taskbar icon.

Yeah I found out it's a bug in SDL, something about it not knowing the window is visible again. It's apparently been fixed a while ago but simply not released yet.

It's really, really annoying how the SDL folks have been overdue on the next release for almost a year. Who on earth thinks that is acceptable behavior in this day and age?

</teh sacrasm>

Last edited by kometbomb (Apr 2, 2015 6:45 am)

Montreal, Canada

Maybe it's because they can only test it at work?

Also... the mouse and the interface don't sync anymore. The cursor (graphic) is "synced" with where the cursor is (where the app thinks it is) at the top left corner, but the more you go down or right, the larger the desync between the two. To hit Exit from the main menu, the mouse has to be more than halfway down the screen. Most likely SDL too.

The black screen issue is very low priority IMO. I mean, we can work around it very easily so don't lose sleep over it. There are other issues that are higher priority since they affect either the sound or the workflow (although these are also very low priority in the grand scheme of things. they can be worked around easily)

1- Oscillator + Wave + Filter = Cracking noise from hell if the volume is set too high (usually starts around 80). This has been the case since you fixed the problem with super low wavetable volume. I don't know if it should be fixed though...  Fixing this will mean yet another moment when older songs will not be played as they were originally composed. I know you shouldn't stop progress for the sake of backwards compatibility, but yknow.. just be careful how you fix this one if you get around to it? tongue

2- Going in and out of the application to multitask sometimes "locks" the editing cursor in the sequence editor. If you press Enter to bring it back down into the patterns, it goes down and then right back up into the sequencer. You basically can't leave the sequence editor until you press ESC and cancel whatever pop up that provoked. Haven't found solid repro steps yet, but it definitely has to do with leaving the app and returning to it. It's annoying as balls when it happens, but it seems to have very specific conditions for it to happen since it doesn't naturally happen very often. If you really want to, I can investigate properly and find you a repro for it.

And while I'm here trying to find stuff to nitpick about:

1- The E.Start parameter in the FM section should probably be where the ATK is, and take ATK and SUS down a row. Just for clarity's sake.

2- Press ESC when there has not been any changes made since the last save shouldn't auto-quit the app without a little "you sure bro?" popup.

3- Would be cool if those little buttons in the FX section's delay could be locked on the tempo. Yknow like when you adjust ms (or ticks) on a delay tap, you get this button that approximates how many pattern rows that is? And if you click on it, it will set the ms/tick value to exactly what's needed? If you change your song's tempo (spd, or rate) these settings will stay as they were and won't be synced anymore. Would be cool if they changed so that whatever ms/tick setting was good for 4 rows before remains good for 4 rows with the new tempo. No idea how complicated this would be to add, but yknow.. it'd be cool to have. Did I say it would be cool? Yeah it would be cool. Cool.

4- Would be nice to be able to load and save FX units.

5- A semi-compact editing mode where the channel you're on is not compact, but the others are fully compact (just the note column)

6- Add panning commands to the volume column? FT2 had that, and it was super useful at times when you needed to pan something and still have it do other funky stuff at the same time. Right now you have to do it from the instrument itself, and sometimes that means duplicating an entire instrument just to add a panning command to it.

7- I think the option to launch klystrack in debug mode should be included in every version. Like "klystrack.exe -debug" or something. Just so you don't have to make a special version when you run into a specific weird problem that you can't repro on your side.

Last edited by n00bstar (Apr 2, 2015 12:50 pm)

Montreal, Canada

Also.. should we move this conversastion to the klystrack forum entirely? I always feel like we're borrowing CMO for something the LSDJ crowd doesn't give a shit about smile

So I managed to break the window resizing. If you don't resize the window after startup it will work ok. If you resize, you need to restart for the mouse to start working. If you get weird keyboard behavior after switching windows, try hitting Alt. Sometimes if you use Alt+Tab to switch, one of the windows will think the keys are still held down (because the release key event goes to the next window). So you get Alt+LEft keyhits in klystrack instead of just a Left.

n00bstar wrote:

Also.. should we move this conversastion to the klystrack forum entirely? I always feel like we're borrowing CMO for something the LSDJ crowd doesn't give a shit about smile

Sure. At least the technical discussion is quite off-topic.

Probably should post update information here as well (and I forgot my Nabble password).

This build should fix all of the mouse cursor weirdness: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/119 … -win32.zip

And most of all, I fixed the filter distortion bug with loud volumes and mixing waveforms. It was because the soft distortion algorithm overflowed, so I replaced it with a simple hard clipping. It shouldn't be that audible, not sure if the soft distortion ever kicked in.

It also adds a default song feature, Default.kt is loaded on startup and you can customize the file if you like. Now it's just a song with a few empty patterns.

Better prepare for bug reports I guess: https://github.com/kometbomb/klystrack/releases/tag/1.6

Psydney, Australia

Strut strut!

Have to show off some new themes for 1.6

Montreal, Canada

Golden_brown 4 life.

Tokyo, Japan

Gorgeous themes!

Was the 64 bit linux version updated? I just downloaded and it still show 1309?

Lazerbeat wrote:

Gorgeous themes!

Was the 64 bit linux version updated? I just downloaded and it still show 1309?

Ah sorry, I somehow uploaded the old file. Give me five minutes.

Edit: Fixed!

Last edited by kometbomb (Apr 6, 2015 11:21 am)