hi all,

(first of all thanks very much to Trash80 for making the arduinoboy possible, it is awesome! now if only he'd answer my email lol)

this is my latest gameboy, it is a clearboy with the text removed and painted white on the inside.

it has a pocket gameboy screen, which is backlit with a white nonfinite backlight and bi inverted using bibbin/nitro's hex inverting idea

the gamboy has a built in arduino mini, and a midi socket on the side, there is also a mini usb socket at the bottom for updating the firmware.

the code on the arduino (orignally by Trash80) has been modded slightly to change the light patterns and also add sound for when the arduino boots up and changes mode.

in the middle there is a heart made of LEDs this shows the modes and flashes to show the BPM

SEE HERE IN THE VIDEO AND A BETTER DISCRIPTION:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdGp93QVIA0

IL, US

that is some crazy modding

LONDON

holy fu--

thats absolutely incredible!!!!!!!!!!!

Central-ish VA

Outstanding!

Los Angeles

Whoops. I'll look for that email now.
I made a arduino inside a gb as well, though at the time of it's creation I used a expensive arduino nano. if I was to do it now I would use the arduino pro mini from sparkfun.

for the midi jack I used a 1/8th in stereo jack with a custom cable. (1/8" to din)

flickrset

Nice work! smile

trash80 wrote:

Whoops. I'll look for that email now.
I made a arduino inside a gb as well, though at the time of it's creation I used a expensive arduino nano. if I was to do it now I would use the arduino pro mini from sparkfun.

for the midi jack I used a 1/8th in stereo jack with a custom cable. (1/8" to din)

flickrset

Nice work! smile

awesome!

actually it was seeing your idea of the arduino in the gameboy that inspired me, i don't like the idea of an extra thing to carry around.

i used a Arduino nano too, from ebay, its down the left side and the regulator has been cut down and moved to the right side.

but i put an order in after the arduinoboy was working for some of those Pro mini arduinos with a usb attachment as well, so looking forward to playing with that,

by the way Trash, i was looking through your code because obviously i have edited a bit, and WOW it is a work of art! and the programming notes helped alot! so thanks for that!

everyone else, thanks for your kind comments, its what keeps me doing what i do!

Plano, TX

NeX is an effing beast.

I want an LED heart. heart

))<>((

holy shit that's nice.

I want one! tongue

PixyJunket wrote:

NeX is an effing beast.

I want an LED heart. heart

i am sorry, only gameboys are born with 8 bit pixel hearts wink

but thanks big_smile

astral cat

sweet, this is cute as a kitten covered in honey and flower petals

London, UK

this is just getting insane now

Tacoma WA

amazing.  totally nuts and so damn cool.

Unsubscribe

Niiice

Milwaukee, WI

Very nice mods.  Your crazy with this!

thanks everyone,

i want to open up an online custom gameboy shop, so i would love to hear your opinions on that,

would people buy this stuff? not exactly this, this is pushing the limits, there is no space left at all! but one or two mods per gameboy or something?

or is it better me desigining them myself and just throw them on ebay?

i love doing this, but i am out of work (hense the free time to do this) and i need cash bad.... tho this one is mine! lol

Liverpool, UK

I think if you started selling some of these types of mods, it would have to make everyone else SERIOUSLY up their game - go for it mate! smile