Liverpool, UK

And if you do set up a shop, set a limit of 5 orders or something, so you don't get bombarded all at once!

Cambridge UK

I never wanted a Gameboy up to this day.
That is a seriously sexy beast NeX.
Would pay monies for that.

calmdownkidder wrote:

And if you do set up a shop, set a limit of 5 orders or something, so you don't get bombarded all at once!

awesome thanks for the kind words!

i am feeling very inspired now, and that is a very good idea about limiting the order, i think i will do that to start off and see how much i can cope smile

George wrote:

I never wanted a Gameboy up to this day.
That is a seriously sexy beast NeX.
Would pay monies for that.

cool! well i am getting the go ahead from Trash to make sure its ok to sell his idea, but if he is all good with that i will def make more midi gameboys!

IL, US

yeah, tbh id buy one like the one pictured (no heart though, maybe a skull instead & in red...and red buttons instead)..looks sweet, and also excessive at the same time, so its up my alley

e.s.c. wrote:

yeah, tbh id buy one like the one pictured (no heart though, maybe a skull instead & in red...and red buttons instead)..looks sweet, and also excessive at the same time, so its up my alley

ha that sounds cool!

well i should post up my blackboy, no skulls but nice red buttons that go well with the red text and a red backlight, nothing really special tho, its got a pitch bend kit, pro sound, button breakout socket.

thing is, this one i have done was kinda easy, the hard parts are the heart and the pocket screen, so if people are happy with just normal lights, and a normal screen then making something like this wouldn't be too hard at all... note to self, buy a new dremal!

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

wow. this is pure madness.
nex level once again ;D

NeX wrote:
calmdownkidder wrote:

i am feeling very inspired now, and that is a very good idea about limiting the order, i think i will do that to start off and see how much i can cope smile

the best system is probably making then selling.
so there's no backlog. but you can also take custom
orders. just dont let them pay until your read to actually
build the device.

as far a mods go...
i want a 9v battery mod like gijs gieskes.
pitch dial, underclock, bi-verted backlight,
and the prosound all in one.

LONDON

make it a bidding type thing, that way you'll get more money wink

Minneapolis

Wow! Nice work. I like your heart design, it's quite genius.

xero wrote:

wow. this is pure madness.
nex level once again ;D

NeX wrote:

the best system is probably making then selling.
so there's no backlog. but you can also take custom
orders. just dont let them pay until your read to actually
build the device.

as far a mods go...
i want a 9v battery mod like gijs gieskes.
pitch dial, underclock, bi-verted backlight,
and the prosound all in one.

thats a good idea, i might make some basic mods with the option to upgrade or something. i have already made a stack of backlit LCD boards to save me time.

that mod list you discribed sounds easy enough, except the 9v thing isn't such a good idea, to make 9v work you have to step it back down to 5 which defeats the point of having 9. also 9 volts has more volts but less current, because the current is divided by the 6 cells instead of the 4 AA cells, so it would actually wouldn't last as long. a good powerful Lithium Ion battery from a radio controlled car at 6 volts would be best, and all it would take is a diode to make it charge of the original power socket.

thanks everyone, i am very inspired now to make an online shop, i have a few ideas so i will get to work on that and it would be great to get some feedback!

NeX wrote:

it has a pocket gameboy screen

The most awesome part of this project. Is it just me, or does the pocket have a clearer screen?
Can you just switch them out, or is there some sort of modification involved?
I gotta find a pocket to kill. >:)

Philadelphia, United States

I would totally buy gameboys from you. This is awesome.

Awol wrote:
NeX wrote:

it has a pocket gameboy screen

The most awesome part of this project. Is it just me, or does the pocket have a clearer screen?
Can you just switch them out, or is there some sort of modification involved?
I gotta find a pocket to kill. >:)

everything about it is here:
http://8bitcollective.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=18171

TREYFREY wrote:

I would totally buy gameboys from you. This is awesome.

cool big_smile thats good to hear because i have a gameboy on the way which i will mod and throw up on ebay to see just how many people are interested

))<>((

I would totally buy a MIDI DMG. I wouldn't care about the heart, or the Pocket screen, I'd just want MIDI.