Daim from the states. Ever since I started writing music people have been telling me my melodies remind them of Megaman or the like. I'm late to the party, but party I am.

Portland, OR

Hey guys and gals,

My name is Justin, I am brand new to the forum and excited to be a part of the community. My main interest is DMG modding but my goal for getting comfortable with modding is to create a Game Boy I can use as a foot in to making music.

I have been reading through various pages and topics and trying to soak up as much as I can and in the short time I've been browsing I have learned a lot!

Can't wait to feel at home here and meet what seem like a lot of cool people!

Hi, Star Forge here, long-time admirer of chip/tracker music so I'm making it myself big_smile. This is one of the best music sites I've found so I'm looking forward to using it.

Bracknell, UK

Hey I'm Matt, new to the forum and hailing from the South East of England.

I have been playing guitar and singing a bit in bands for around 10/11 years now. I picked up LSDj around 9 months ago and have been working on material with my new band since then. We are set to record around the end of April/start of May, and I really can't wait to share what we've been working on!

CM.O has been really useful over the last few months - really cool community of musicians, looking forward to talking to/meeting some of you lot big_smile

Hey guys I'm gr3yh4m3. So far I have a couple of options for making tunes: I have lsdj on gbd until I hack my gameboy, but I also have milkytracker and ableton 9 with 8bit vsts and packs...which brings me to a question, what would be the best way to go about making chip music? Is ableton the obvious choice between it and milky? And can you hook up lsdj with ableton? Thanks, and sorry for the newb questions.

Last edited by gr3yh4m3 (Mar 20, 2014 10:01 pm)

Accidentally posted this twice so I'll just use it to say hi to all you guys properly. Especially yall on page 29! Matt, really keen to hear your stuff man, keep me posted! And welcome starforge, Justin, Daim smile Looking forward to hanging out with you guys and everybody else on this forum!

Last edited by gr3yh4m3 (Mar 20, 2014 10:00 pm)

Sydney, Australia

Hi all!

My name is Christopher. I write music for poker machines as a full time job (yes that's a real job ><). I have written chip music before using plugins but just ordered myself a Game Boy and LSDJ to get into the more old school approach. I own a keytar (Sh101) and have a friend who drums so expect some epic chiptune journey's soon enough smile

Sweden

Hello internetz!
My name is Richard and im located in Sweden.
I was introduced to chip music back in 2008 and made my firts tune on nanoloop then i started to mod gameboys and im still moding but sadly no new tunes.
But im trying to learn lsdj now so we will se if i cam make som new tunes smile

Hello,  i joined not too long ago,  but never really introduced myself.  Name's RJL here but I'm still trying to think of a cool chiptune alias.  I also have yet to add an avatar :( it's not working on my iPad for some reason.

I live in Milwaukee,  WI and I'm 33 years old... Like many of you,   I grew up with the sounds of videogames and so the sounds of LSDJ fill me with a certain nostalgia for those happy,  carefree days of youth!

Anyways,  I am fairly new to making chiptune so I came here to ask questions and get caught up with the current scene.  I use LSDJ and Nanoloop 1 & 2.  Still learning....I also have the Gameboy Camera,  and I am really hoping to get Pixelh8's Music Tech cart very soon. Oh yeah,  I have Cynthcart and an old C64 too!  Ideally I would like to create some cool songs and possibly do some busking this summer with a few Gameboys and some effects.

I'm also really into DIY electronics and circuit bending.  I love modifying DMG's.  I started learning electronics a little over a year ago and now it's one of my passions.  I make more stuff than I can use so I sell stuff on eBay a lot... DMG's,  circuit bent stuff,  etc.  my eBay name is "Gooogler"  (w/3 o's) if you want to check it out!

Seattle, WA

Don't really know where to post this, I've already introduced my main account but I have a side project that's been gaining steam recently. I play synth and write LSDJ for an indie/post rock band called "Satellite Island." If that sounds like something you'd be into feel free to follow us on soundcloud, we're going to be dropping a single sometime in the coming months and an album before summer ends. Along with me we have a drummer, bassist and  guitarist. My goal with this project is to find a happy medium between the bands I really admire, namely Anamanaguchi, Infinity Shred//Starscream, and WMD.

Here are some links:

https://soundcloud.com/satellite-island

https://www.facebook.com/satelliteislandofficial

http://satelliteisland.tumblr.com/ (Not a whole lot of music stuff on this yet, but if you like databending and mycology feel free to check it out.)

Lahore, Pakistan

Hello, I'm Shahmir Khan from Pakistan. I don't make music/tunes and have no idea what chiptunes are. Maybe someone could fill me in on what this forum is about? And please don't get angry as my first two posts here got replied by some very hostile people.

South Korea

Hey now, we aren't that hostile, I am rather polite, actually. tongue
Chipmusic.org is a community of creative people, musicians, composers, artists and modders. Many of us write music for soundCHIPs found in old video game consoles and computers, such as the Nintendo Entertainment System, Game Boy, Sega Genesis (MegaDrive), Commodore64, Amiga, and many others, hence (sound)chipmusic.org.
All songs you see on the frontpage are tracks created by members of the community, and you should listen to it to get an idea what it's about.
Pretty much ALL OF US are here to ENJOY other's music and art, LEARN from people who have been doing this for a long time, and SHARE the things we create. If you have any interest in anything I just said, then WELCOME, and I hope your journey into chipmusic will be pleasant!

Edit: Mods, feel free to quote my little disclaimer on a frontpage along with "Continue" and "Nevermind" buttons. You're welcome wink

Last edited by DeerPresident (Apr 11, 2014 2:29 pm)

California

Hi everyone! I'm Stephon or Sovarozüm, and I just joined to network and connect with other people who enjoy listening to and creating this kind of music. I've been composing and producing myself for about three years and I'm just getting started. I'll catch you guys around big_smile

Colorado Springs

I just posted an intro type post ... Didn't see this so sorry about that. /:

New Zealand

Hey Dudes
My name is aidan and i live in auckland nz
i am pretty much the only producer of chiptune in my country

my 8bit kidd project can be found here:
https://myspace.com/8bitkidd

my current project which includes elements of chip music can be found here:
https://soundcloud.com/pvmpirxn

will try keep you up to date with my future works

REGARDS

Florida, USA

Hey guys and gals. I am Andy coming at ya from South Florida (USA). I have been working with LSDJ for less than a year but have been playing/writing music for about 12 years. I am new to the chiptune community but am loving everything I am finding here and elsewhere. You can find my tunes at www.soundcloud.com/andbolio. My goals are to release a solo album this year and perform it live here in Florida. I would ideally like to find a group to compose and perform with. Anywho, I look forward to networking with you chaps.

Keep on makin' them tunes!