Hello.

Recently, while using LSDJ, I noticed, that something happened to it..
When I scroll through my project, it doesn't go smoothly, as it used to.
I mean, when 'down' is hold, it should go down really fast, without any hestitance.
And here, it goes fast for a really short moment (2-3 chains) then slows down and goes one-by-one. It really annoys me, when I want to scroll to the end from the beginning.
I didn't change anything in the key delay settings, everything is set to default. Running this LSDJ on other GameBoy doesn't help. Formatting everything, installing new or even older version of LSDJ neither.
Is something wrong with my cartridge?

Thanks for reading.

Germany/Florida

Maybe it has something to do with the button contacts. Did you recently take your front pcb out of the shell? I moded a dmg once that when I put it together, the scroll function in lsdj was similar to yours. All I did was take the fron pcb apart again and cleaned the rubber pads, then put it all back together and it works perfectly now smile Hope this helps.

San Angelo, TX

Or it could possibly be a CPU issue,
when i use alot of blocks and make complicated WAV instruments it has a similar effect!

Rochester, NY

Yeah, if you're playing a song and you've got a shitton of stuff going on and you try to scroll you're gonna have a bad time

Just overclock your PSP or whatever and that'll clear it right up

Last edited by ChipsChallengeBand (May 9, 2012 6:06 pm)

Russia

This problem with SAV File. I have the same problem, when delete unknown projects (I mean empty projects in .SAV which have strange names (1. b3, 2. d3,....)) in my save file in LSDJ MANAGER.  After deleting, when I push it goes one-by-one.
You can solve this problem by: export your projects one-by-one to PC and delete fully your sav file. Make absolutely new SAV file and insert your projects tracks. Sorry for bad english!!!

Last edited by stress_tn (May 9, 2012 7:08 pm)

@Tetrasaurus - DMG isn't a problem, I tested this cartridge on other DMGs and on Color, as well, and it happens on each of them. When I use another cartridge, it's allright. Everything works like a charm.
@ScreamformeS, ChipsChalleng - That's a good clue, but even when scrolling through empty projects there are issues..
@stess_tn - Have to give it a go. I've tried already re-flashing LSDJ but always with the same .sav file, so maybe it causes this problem.

I'll reply tommorow.

Anyway, thanks to everybody, I really appreciate that you want to help.
(:

Russia

1) You should instal java on your PC. Download it from here http://www.java.com/inc/BrowserRedirect1.jsp?locale=en
2) After instaling JAVA, download LSDMANAGER http://lsdmanager.googlecode.com/files/LSDManager09.jar
3) 2 clicks on LSDMANAGER it should open imidiatelly with out any programms (like exe file)
4) Push "Open V3+.SAV" open your broken lsdj.sav and export all your projects by pushing each "Export .lsdjsng" (this mean that you export each your tracks from LSDJ to PC)
5) After that open NEW CLEAN LSDJ.SAV (not broken) and insert all your tracks from PC by pushing "Add.lsdjsng"
Warning!!! Don't delete unknown symbols from clear .SAV file (they looks like: 1..22 0, 2..19 0, 3..21 0) they automaticaly rewrited by your lsdjsng files)
6) Save by "SAVE V3+.SAV" and insert your new SAV file into cartridge!

3) Is impossible for me. I've installed Java for 64 bit. But the LSDManager.jar was still a file, when I double clicked it. Windows asked me, which program I'd like to use, to open it. I chose Java and then nothing happens. No pop-up appears. Nothing.
):

I have a similar problem with .jar on one pc.

It opens with Nokia Ovi Suit, what the hell?
(32 bit Vista).

Instal a SDK like eclipse, and run it inside that environment. eclipse is my favorite java sdk

How then? I installed Eclipse, as well (I read your post before, 12ianma), then tried to drag the LSDManager into it - nothing happened.
Could you please explain how to do it?

Wait, wait.
Somehow I managed to open it with cmd command. Before, when I typed java -jar etc., it said that there hadn't been any commands or software connected to it (even if Java was installed).
Now everything is fine.

Russia

Year!!! Good luck!

Thanks, thanks one more time. (:
Now I can scroll and work like I used to one year ago, lol.