Sheffield, UK

yea ive tried the demo. But its like test driving a ferrari with a 10 mph speed restriction! Haha.

Tokyo, Japan

How do you figure, you can try all the sound synthesis options in the software.

NorthTtrrrway

2.x is quite flexible by means of sounds and spacious by means of saving patterns...
However, it cannot easily sound as raw and anlalog-ish in the same way as 1.x

if you try the demos, just pay attention to the sounds that can be produced by extreme values on each parameter and you'll get the point
the only difference of the demo in a cart is the ability to save...the rest is the same

edit: they are both great!

Last edited by the mist toggles (Feb 14, 2010 11:53 am)

Sheffield, UK

well you cant use the song screen can you? So you cant get any idea of how it works after making your sounds. Or is everything after that easy enough?

IL, US

you can totally do gabber kicks in 2.3

Tokyo, Japan

Agreed, Gabber kicks are easy, move the filter all the way to the top left with the normal filter (the not hi pass one) and use a pitch enveloped C at the lowest or second lowest octave

http://www.lazerscale2010.com/track.php?id=95

this is a gabberish kick in FM mode I forget exactly how

http://www.lazerscale2010.com/track.php?id=120

And this video give a bit of an over view of song mode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK-ulNT8MUE

Sheffield, UK

thanks alot for all your input in this thread lazerbeat. Your really helping me out!

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

Well, gabber kicks they may be, but they are so weak. I just find 2.3 to have lesser capabilities for bass compared to 1.5, just my opinion.

Sheffield, UK

see, im a pretty big fan of bass. I love bottom end smile haha (all jokes welcome)

IL, US

ive never heard anyone complain about the gabber kicks in 2.3 before hmm

Rice Lake, WI
Lazerbeat wrote:

Acctually, one other thing, I have noticed the noise channel on 2.3 seems to be alot quieter than in 1.5 compared to other channels, is it just me?

Nope not just you, the noise is definitely quieter on 2.3. I have to say that 2.3 is by far my fav right now. there is alot of sound options to choose from and havin that FM goodness is always a plus. And to note I have made some pretty gnarly gabber kicks in 2.3.  In all I'd say that nanoloop is as good as any other program and just like other programs it will take some time to get used to, but in the end I think its worth it.

I forgot, do check out Lazerbeat's 2.3 tutorial, well done and pretty much runs through all the basics.

Last edited by albino ghost monkey (Feb 14, 2010 3:48 pm)

Tokyo, Japan
Reteris wrote:

Well, gabber kicks they may be, but they are so weak. I just find 2.3 to have lesser capabilities for bass compared to 1.5, just my opinion.

Please bear in mind those are tracks recorded with literally no balancing or EQ or mixing or anything at all, from a GB micro (which doesnt sound great) into my mixer at whatever setting its on.

Out of curiosity. anyone know what the lowest note is on NL1.x vs 2.3? LSDJ is C3, im guessing 1.5 is the same? I would hazard NL2.3 goes down to c-2?

Rice Lake, WI

The bass does go pretty low, especially in FM mode, some of the bass is inaudible unless your runnin through a decent sub.

Tokyo, Japan

Agreed, FM mode with the filter thinger in the lower left is very very low.

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

i heart 1.5

2.3 is really fun.