Seattle, WA

Seattle still refusing to stay dead.

Michigan

I just moved to the Detroit area and am damn happy that I did so. My previous homes were in terrible locations, but Detroit has a handful of active members with excellent music! Just this past weekend I met, BBQ, Snesei, the one electronic, and both members of dream fox! I didn't get a chance to speak with Boaconstructor because we got lost before the show, but maybe sometime soon. tongue

Yay Detroit!

Arizona

Michigan was pretty rad but I recently moved to Arizona. Sadly chip in Arizona is almost nonexistent but I'm close to Texas and California, both of which have active chip scenes.

Memphis, TN

Yeah, being only like 4 hours from the City of Music makes the area I am in particularly barren of any kind of scene, or at least that I have found. Its great that I am that close to Nashville, but the fact that I don't really have any chances to get up there the makes for trying to have any kind of in person collaboration that could last more than a few days, nearly impossible. And throwing a show would be dumb, since as I said, Nashville is so close, and so many shows go down up there.

Brunswick, GA USA
Ateno wrote:

Yeah, being only like 4 hours from the City of Music makes the area I am in particularly barren of any kind of scene, or at least that I have found. Its great that I am that close to Nashville, but the fact that I don't really have any chances to get up there the makes for trying to have any kind of in person collaboration that could last more than a few days, nearly impossible.

You could play The Blues...

Then again, with that logic people might wonder why I don't clone Widespread Panic southern jamband stuff.

Last edited by chunter (May 4, 2014 2:37 am)

Abandoned on Fire
Ateno wrote:

Yeah, being only like 4 hours from the City of Music makes the area I am in particularly barren of any kind of scene, or at least that I have found. Its great that I am that close to Nashville, but the fact that I don't really have any chances to get up there the makes for trying to have any kind of in person collaboration that could last more than a few days, nearly impossible. And throwing a show would be dumb, since as I said, Nashville is so close, and so many shows go down up there.

We're working on shows for Nashville!  Hopefully there'll be something steady going by the end of the year.

Edit: when I say "we" I mean people that actually live in Nashville and I'm tagging along

Last edited by egr (May 4, 2014 3:58 am)

Detroit, MI
Jazzmarazz wrote:

I just moved to the Detroit area and am damn happy that I did so. My previous homes were in terrible locations, but Detroit has a handful of active members with excellent music! Just this past weekend I met, BBQ, Snesei, the one electronic, and both members of dream fox! I didn't get a chance to speak with Boaconstructor because we got lost before the show, but maybe sometime soon. tongue

Yay Detroit!

+1 for Detroit! I went to Youmacon 2013 for the panel that Piko Piko Detroit did, and later raved endlessly and shamelessly with a friend to barbeque and snesei (and one other fellow who's name I forget, sorry!) out on one of the floors of the convention center. Good times.

Wisconsin

I'm in Appleton, WI. I don't know of any bit music artists here except me sad

Wisconsin

I'm in Appleton, WI. I don't know of any bit music artists here except me sad

Las Vegas, Nevada

the scene sucks almost everywhere, I'd say Los Angeles is the best, besides The East Coast, Las Vegas is dead, It's only me, De La Decay, shocker tv and hide your tigers, oh and blox box from a small near by town

Hah "community" the nearest chiptune artist I know of is like 9 hours drive away or something. Unless there is anyone else from ireland around?

UK, Leicester
Breogan Hackett wrote:

Hah "community" the nearest chiptune artist I know of is like 9 hours drive away or something. Unless there is anyone else from ireland around?

there are a few iirc, most notably is chipzel

Baja California

In BC, there isn't one yet. But mexican chipscene is improving (check format DF)

Ohio, USA

I'm from Columbus, Ohio, and my local chipmusic scene would be pretty cool except for the fact that it doesn't exist.

UK, Leicester

pretty sure that about a year and a half ago, I posted about how there was no chip scene where I lived, and me and forabrokenearth discussed how shit leicester is.

nothings changed.

Here In the Philippines some of the artist I know, makes an 8 bit music but they do that often I think? Then they'll mixed it with other genres. And they mostly do it by DAW's.