NoyzBotChip wrote:
aZu wrote:

NYC seems to be okay.

I want to join you guys up there, there or philly I would be in heaven!

Maybe I haven't really dug deep enough (I'm still along the surface), but I can't really find anyone else (beside my close friends) who messes chip within the NYC area.

I've rolled up with my Roland Street Cube to various places such as, public parks, local conventions (i.e. NYCC), but no cigar.
:'C

Last edited by aZu (Oct 14, 2015 6:41 pm)

Salt Lake City, UT, USA

I'm looking for chiptunes in Salt Lake City, UT (or surrounding areas).  I've only encountered a few chip artists, and those artists either don't play live or rarely play live.  If you're from SLC, UT PM me so I'm aware of you and maybe we could play cool chipmusic together.

Utah
d42kn355 wrote:

I'm in Appleton, WI. I don't know of any bit music artists here except me sad

I just saw this. We have a few people in Madison and Milwaukee with occasional shows, if you ever make it down. Milwaukee has Awkward Terrible, Stage Diver, and Moriokun (although I never see him), and Keaton/Theta Frost (when he gets home from Japan in April). Madison has myself, Nonfinite (but he might be moving), Kid Thunder (have yet to meet IRL), and a new guy called Wizard Magic. There might be more but these are the artists I am aware of. So, WI isn't really thriving but we're far from dead.

IL, US
aZu wrote:
NoyzBotChip wrote:

I want to join you guys up there, there or philly I would be in heaven!

Maybe I haven't really dug deep enough (I'm still along the surface), but I can't really find anyone else (beside my close friends) who messes chip within the NYC area.

I've rolled up with my Roland Street Cube to various places such as, public parks, local conventions (i.e. NYCC), but no cigar.

Seriously? Yeah, I'd say you haven't looked hard enough. Nyc has bit shifter, nullsleep, glomag, minusbaby, bubblyfish, exilefaker, l-tron, ricky brugal, etc etc.... dozens of chip musicians in nyc

Robotcity, the year 20XX
e.s.c. wrote:
aZu wrote:

Seriously? Yeah, I'd say you haven't looked hard enough. Nyc has bit shifter, nullsleep, glomag, minusbaby, bubblyfish, exilefaker, l-tron, ricky brugal, etc etc.... dozens of chip musicians in nyc

I think he is trolling. Right? RIGHT?!?

Men of Mega wrote:

I think he is trolling. Right? RIGHT?!?

As mentioned in my previous post, I'm pretty much stuck along the surface; I haven't personally met or seen any other artists and/or casual LSDj users within the general area.

e.s.c. wrote:

The only artists that I'm aware of within the area are Knife City and Zen Albatross; however, I didn't even know nullsleep, shifter, and I-tron were within the area, TIL. smile

Anyways, are there any notable shows, groups, or meetups I should be aware of? Would be a pleasure to meetup with folks and jam out haha.

Robotcity, the year 20XX

Notable shows: I/O and pulsewave.

I dont know about meetups and stuff, because I am not from NYC, but there are truly TONS of artists in New York.

Men of Mega wrote:

Notable shows: I/O and pulsewave.

I dont know about meetups and stuff, because I am not from NYC, but there are truly TONS of artists in New York.

I think I/O sounds familiar because a friend of mine held a release party of his app called "Chip Beat Blaster" in the past; I'll be sure to check that out along with pulsewave. smile

Oregon

Just moved back to Ashland, OR. Anyone know of people in the area jamming out?

I think there are three or four people that post on this form from the sacramento area... I'd love to know more though.

Boise, ID

I come across quite a few fans and people familiar with chiptune here, but I haven't found any other artists active or still in Boise.

Toronto, Canada
VCMG wrote:

Mostly chipthrash. I think.

Edit: I should probably mention that Simi Valley is in the LA area.

Oh how I'd kill to be in a place with a chipthrash scene

Toronto, Canada
Auxcide wrote:

As far as I know, I'm it for Sacramento. I bet there's some close by in LA and SF though.

Kubbi wrote:

Suggestion:
Let's conquer some ground and create our own chiptune community country

This plz.

I second this

Abandoned on Fire

There's no "scene" around me at all but I put together a 4 act chip show in Nashville at a grimy dive bar and people ATE IT UP.  It's a great feeling when a dude in a Molly Hatchet shirt head bangs to your track, stoners run up to the stage for high fives, and goth kids send beers to all the artists while they play pool in the next room.

Still feeling kinda glowy and happy from it.  big_smile

Last edited by egr (Oct 18, 2015 4:12 pm)

Solar System

We are 3 in whole Slovakia. Max 5. In Czech 10 max. But there are lot of very talented chipmusicians in Poland.
In Hungary there is very strong C64 scene. In Austria there is little scene too. I am like extraterresterial here...

USA

As far as I know I'm the only guy in MN that's into chipmusic. Not that would expect anything different from Minnesota. Garbage truck of a state. Someday I want to move to like Nevada or something. One day....